Typhochlaena seladonia

Exoskeleton Invertebrates

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Typhochlaena seladonia IMG_3583.JPG So I'm baby sitting this little t for a year. Thanks to Kodi I will have a chance to see it grow up and take a few photos as it grows larger.

sdsnybny

Arachnogeek
Good for you, I was wondering where his little buddy was going as it wasn't on his sales list Looking forward to the updates and your photos here

creepa

Arachnoknight
Hahah nice!!

Now you have all the pleasure of this species and you didnt even have to pay the crazy price for it...

Angel Minkov

Arachnobaron
Can you seriously stop with all the colortexting, its really hurting my eyes trying to read your labels...

SausageinaNet

Arachnopeon
Cool looking T but they are 500€ over here which is about 10 times more money than I would spent on a sling. Maybe a few years down the road they will be better value.

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMG_4677.JPG IMG_4678.JPG IMG_4679.JPG IMG_4680.JPG IMG_4681.JPG IMG_4682.JPG IMG_4685.JPG IMG_4686.JPG IMG_4683.JPG IMG_4684.JPG Typhochlaena seladonia:

These pictures are the last ones I will be taking for this species. On March 10, 2017 I will be shipping it back to its owner. It's been fun!

Last edited:

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
IMG_4688.JPG IMG_4690.JPG
Awesome photos!!!!!!!!!! How's growth going?
Slow for me, maybe it's a female.

From what I've been told they're like a trapdoor spider. I've been taking care of it just like any other arboreal tarantulas, she made a thick cocoon right on top of the enclosure. I've been feeding it crickets with the exception of a few fruit flies. So far I consider this species hardy and easy to care for.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
View attachment 233595 View attachment 233596 Slow for me, maybe it's a female.

From what I've been told they're like a trapdoor spider. I've been taking care of it just like any other arboreal tarantulas, she made a thick cocoon right on top of the enclosure. I've been feeding it crickets with the exception of a few fruit flies. So far I consider this species hardy and easy to care for.
Nice, so moist sub? No cross ventilation either (makes sense for an arboreal trapdoor). Wow that web cocoon is really interesting. Very unique. Thank you for the pics and info!

Moonohol

Two Legged Freak
View attachment 233595 View attachment 233596 Slow for me, maybe it's a female.

Wow, I hope pairing them is as easy as keeping them! :D

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Nice, so moist sub? No cross ventilation either (makes sense for an arboreal trapdoor). Wow that web cocoon is really interesting. Very unique. Thank you for the pics and info!
At that size yes I've been keeping it with moist substrate and the ventilation was on top of the lid.