Typhochlaena seladonia

JoeRossi

Arachnohumbled
Arachnosupporter +
The specimen shown there is not 0.5", but 0.5 cm. Never seen an Imperial ruler divided into 1/10th, they are done by 1/16th.

Good luck keeping it alive, with so little captive husbandry info it may not be easy, but I hope you're successful. You should have bought 2 or 3 in this case.

And from Poland, well that speaks volumes of its "legality" oh boy.:rolleyes:
Wow such hate and ignorance lol.

First of all, if you can't see the number there I don't know what to tell you. The spider is shown going over the 7 and over the 8. Our rulers here in the states have centimeters and if you line that up against the inch mark then that is clearly .5 an inch. That measurement is in Centimeters (picture attached in case you need help lol).

2ndly, the import coming is as always to me a legal import. If you wish to know details and learn something feel free to PM me, Text me, or in fact call me and we can discuss instead of spewing question marks of ignorance all over the forum. Furthermore, when you state comments like the "Poles" and lump a group together when you have no idea what your talking about for this spider I would find it to be very offensive.

Facts are they are an incredible beautiful species that have been sought out by many for years. They are not the micro dot that people have been talking about like elegans who are far less then .25 as slings and the adult females get leggy and remind me of minitrax in size. Thus far they have thrived and survived a few molt's and have been doing very well. Sure slings are always a risk and if that risk is not for you pass and let those that are willing to take the risk and be the first to have this beautiful specie give it a go. Truth is many taxonomist and researchers go out and find the spiders, write about them, try their best to keep them, and then move on to other spiders. However, those that keep, maintain, love hundreds even thousands of spiders on a daily are who I am asking how to keep my bugs.

You know where to find me my PM box is open, my telephone on during acceptible hours, and texts always are recivievable.....until then.

Joe Rossi

Attachments

Last edited:

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
The subject and reason for this thread.
Screenshot_2016-11-04-14-39-13-1.jpg
Truly the most beautiful T in the hobby. I can't wait to share the experience with you guys and get some little fluff balls in the making.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I know! It was love at first sight for me a few years ago haha.
How does something this colorful even hide in the wild, ya know? It was hard enough for me to imagine A. versicolor slings hiding. This thing is like a box of markers barfed on a dust bunny.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
It's things like these that remind me over and over that nature is truly more beautiful than anything mankind could make. Good luck with the little guy.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
How does something this colorful even hide in the wild, ya know? It was hard enough for me to imagine A. versicolor slings hiding. This thing is like a box of markers barfed on a dust bunny.
I'd guess that the colors act as warning coloration. Don't forget, other animals, including its predators, could see those colors completely differently

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
Yeah, I would think that the colors are a "stay away, I'm totally not edible" kind of thing. @BobBarley really hit it right on the nose. Nature is beauty.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I remember reading that most animals don't see color like we do and that all those bright colors may just be different grays to most animals. It could actually be camouflage

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Maybe it works like Idiothele mira. What if it sits in it's arboreal 'trapdoor' with the parts of it's blue legs sticking out so that it attracts flower-loving insects!

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
I'd guess that the colors act as warning coloration. Don't forget, other animals, including its predators, could see those colors completely differently
That is so true. Maybe their color pattern gives out a warning. I'm loving these beautiful beasts. After I take out a loan for them lol!

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Maybe it works like Idiothele mira. What if it sits in it's arboreal 'trapdoor' with the parts of it's blue legs sticking out so that it attracts flower-loving insects!
Definitely another possibility. @Kodi See how it looks under a blacklight, some pollinators see into the UV range and it might give you a sense of why the colors are so vibrant. Idk, maybe it has nothing to do with that.

Bugmom

Arachnolord
I remember reading that most animals don't see color like we do and that all those bright colors may just be different grays to most animals. It could actually be camouflage
Way to be contradictory y'all. :confused: :p

Marijan2

Arachnobaron
Yes, but not true for all animals. Mammals for example in majority of cases see only 2 colors instead of 3. The birds and insects however, have much more advanced sight and see all colors like we do and even more

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Way to be contradictory y'all. :confused: :p
Just throwing out possible reasons here, lol.

Yes, but not true for all animals. Mammals for example in majority of cases see only 2 colors instead of 3. The birds and insects however, have much more advanced sight and see all colors like we do and even more
Definitely, and I'd risk a guess at saying birds are one of the major predators of this species.

Biollantefan54

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I didn't say all animals, but it may be camouflage for some species...or it could be a lure for others! :D

Kodi

Title Master
Old Timer
I'm not jealous at all it's what ev's.. :sour:
You guys, just be glad that you have better things to spend large amounts of money on than me :dead:. Unfortunately the cost probably won't go down much with the first few (or dozen) sacs produced, but soon enough they should be officially in the hobby. I am definitely looking forward to that.

I've never thought of looking at a T under a black light. I now have a pretty legitimate reason to buy a black light haha.