Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Typhochlaena seladonia

Discussion in 'Tarantula Chat' started by Kodi, Nov 3, 2016.

1. Angel Minkov

Angel Minkov Arachnobaron

Advertisement
    Their sacs contain 20-25 slings, hence why they emerge larger than expected.

• Informative Informative x 3
  2. viper69

viper69 ArachnoGod Old Timer

I was pretty sure they weren't over 30, thanks for the confirmation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Yeah, I agree. I really don't think the price will come down a lot anytime soon but I can dream :p. Hopefully they breed easily in captivity as well. I'll get one eventually :p

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. viper69

It just depends on what breeders are out for...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. viper69

How difficult were they to breed, assuming they were even bred....?

6. Angel Minkov

Angel Minkov Arachnobaron

To be honest, I seriously doubt the slings are CB ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. viper69

Same here, but it never hurts to ask.

8. Jeff23

Jeff23 Arachnolord Arachnosupporter

This is not indifferent from some other insects. Look at the venomous caterpillars for instance. Some of them look beautiful but OUCH!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. JoeRossi

JoeRossi Arachnohumbled Old Timer

We already spoke over the phone, but for the sake of others I will reiterate what I stated in another post on this thread. They have had a few molts.... eggs to eggs with legs- 1 (if you want to call that a molt), eggs with legs to 1st-2, eggs with legs to 2nd -3, and 2nd-3rd would be 4. So yes I would agree that they are larger then thought and it is very possible this was not perhaps just a first time breeding for the female, but maybe a young juvenile female (which in often cases have small egg sacs as well).

Point is........ we can save all the speculation, hope for the best, and we will see how it goes.

Previous post included here is on the miss speculation on size as well as other comments: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/typhochlaena-seladonia.288579/page-2#post-2549435

Last edited: Nov 15, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
  10. viper69

The sac numbers I quoted were from various breeders over the years. Typically the numbers I heard were below 100 for the smaller species (3" DLS) that were reported to me. Were there some over 100 you bet, but higher numbers weren't the norm in what I was provided.

As you well know Joe there are a variety of reasons, some known and some not, to explain sac size. ;)

Indeed what I wrote about how prolific they may or may not be, was an opinion, doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out haha.

I didn't know you ate boogers.....o_O;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. JoeRossi

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. viper69

Joe-- No, I read what you typed. Though, for the life of me I can't figure out why someone would pick boogers they like, when one can blow them all out. And, when you do pick the ones you like, I can't imagine what you may do with them. T collections, booger collections....

As for speculation, there's nothing wrong with healthy speculation. No need to "save" it. hahahah

As for the numbers, again, the norm I heard was below 100, most not above 60. This isn't my data, just what people have told me.

• Funny Funny x 3
  13. JoeRossi

• Like Like x 1
  14. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

Gesù Cristo :angelic: that yellow text color destroyed my eyes :-s

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Lollipop Lollipop x 1
  15. JoeRossi

You are right & I fixed it for you as it is ....much to bright to be the color of nasal crust, snorters, nose gems, bogeys, snot, phlegm,mucous,nostril candy, golden nuggets, boogies, boogers ......caccole :writer:

Ciao

• Funny Funny x 4
  16. You guys are crazy!

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. N8Legged

N8Legged Arachnosquire

watched a video on youtube of several specimens in their natural habitat (which is being destroyed sadly) but they are arboreal and make little trap door burrows under the bark of trees.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.