Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Two questions

Discussion in 'Scorpions' started by Jamesw, Oct 15, 2019.

1. Bob Lee

Bob Lee Arachnobaron Active Member

Looks like you are in USA

You are not going to get a H.swammerdami with out serious effort, period.

As for Hadogenes, they are native to America so you can actually find them for fairly cheap, just have to browse around more.

2. Bob Lee

Bob Lee Arachnobaron Active Member

I remeber them being native to Arizona...

Either I'm really really stupid or I remembered the name wrong.

3. Mordax8393

Mordax8393 Arachnoknight

USA
    Hadogenes is certainly not from America (That is Hadrurus). They are available but a little expensive.

H. swammerdami is not available in US. But they are not that impressive compared to other Heterometrus sp.

4. Ok thanks ......I really dont care about the cost of the Giant Flat rock scorp I just really want one I've just had no luck at all ....I was interested in
    The H. swammerdami simply due to temperament and size for teaching and being a pet.

5. Liquifin

Liquifin Arachnoangel Active Member

H. swammerdami is in the US but the issue is finding someone who is willing to sell them. @Galapoheros has them, but I'm pretty certain no one is not going to sell any.

Thread: http://arachnoboards.com/threads/swammerdami.322178/

6. FrankiePinchinatti

FrankiePinchinatti Arachnosquire Active Member

Just chiming in here. Take it with a grain of salt, but I'd say find a different species other than h. troglodytes. I was like you only a few months ago and wanted one as well. Then I got 2 of them and they are a total let down. They basically just sit there all day, occasionally walk around a bit, go months without eating, seem to be frozen in time as far as growth goes. You could get a toy scorpion, put it in a tank and get a comparable amount of enjoyment out of it.

7. Thanks so much
    Lol I understand I am fully awair of how they act it's their unique appearance that interest me.

8. Outpost31Survivor

Outpost31Survivor Arachnobaron Active Member

Hadogenes are cool looking scorpions but do have low activity. Lithophilic and fossorial scorpions can be quite inactive, this is how they have adapted to their habitat in order to survive. Mother nature wasn't custom designing any of them with the intent to be pets. Learning the reasons behind their behaviors will make you appreciate them even more.

However, scorpions can possess a thing called individual "personalities", some can be gentle creatures and others can be amusedly defensive by throwing up threat postures, identified through whatever level of interaction you have with them.

9. Yes I have seen that I have 3 H Petersii and the female will drink from her bowl or a spray bottle cone right up to me with no agression while working on tank and sometimes crawl right into or on my hand my black male is grumpy my reddish tint Male is defensive but non aggressive. I was very surprised when I saw the personalities that's what really hooked me. My Desert Hairy is my most chill scorp super chill. My Emperors are young so they get defensive but no agression.

• Like Like x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.