Two OBTs escape....

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
First off, my fault, for moving them from vials to the smallest size critter keepers. It didn't look like they could get out, but they did. I moved 4 in total. Two went and burrowed right away, the other two went arboreal and got out. They shouldn't have been able, I guess I was lucky they didn't get stuck or pop on their way out. I fixed the critters up so they can't get out now.

Oh, and I found both of them! One just made a little silk tunnel on top of the keeper, the other was hiding behind another tank in the closet. Which was nice, as the idea of one of those guys growing in my closet wasn't a great thought for the day....

Hamburglar

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I wish I was that lucky with my P. miranda....... glad you got them back tho...

Lorgakor

Arachnomom
Staff member
Oy! Did you tell your wife they got out?:eek: I'm glad you found them again, I'd hate to have those loose in my house!

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
^^ NO. WAY. would she ever know about that! I saw her when a cricket got loose once....

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
So, amazingly, one got loose again.... its almost 2" and Somehow it got out of a KK..... took my closet apart, after it had been missing for two days. Took each shirt/pants/suit with hanger out and lo and behold, it was inside one of my button up shirts inside a little silk tube..... frick I would have hated to put that shirt on. Glad I did the pain staking way, and now I have rehoused in a non escapable container. I wish tarantulacages.com wasn't so expensive, they are all I'd use....

bakaichi

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
So, amazingly, one got loose again.... its almost 2" and Somehow it got out of a KK..... took my closet apart, after it had been missing for two days. Took each shirt/pants/suit with hanger out and lo and behold, it was inside one of my button up shirts inside a little silk tube..... frick I would have hated to put that shirt on. Glad I did the pain staking way, and now I have rehoused in a non escapable container. I wish tarantulacages.com wasn't so expensive, they are all I'd use....
glad u found it man

wow i dont think i will ever let my obt escape gain.. it was a night mare

MooSmoo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
if mine ever escapes i'll pack my bags, get on a plane, and then a boat, and then another plane and maybe a bus.

reverendsterlin

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dislike KK, but a piece of mesh screen can help. I did use panty hose material for a bit but found they chewed through it. Best cheap housing is clear plastic food jars. Spice jars, rice blend jars, 1 gallon bulk food (pretzel, cookie, dog biscuit, ect) jars all work great and can make shopping for groceries even more fun lol. melting vent holes with a small paperclip gives venting and is small enough that even 1/4 inch slings won't slip through.
Rev