Two new additions

Fisher

Arachnopeon
Sooo yesterday I had to run an errand to the local reptile store, and i DID get what i went there for.... which definitely included more tarantulas, lol

I ended up with a good size T. albo, along with the tiniest A. geniculata I ever did see.

FFTOHanUUAAEZX3.jpg

FFTOJ2yUYAUKOJ5.jpg
FFTOLTAUcAEuIUm.jpg
This is definitely not this fellas permanent home, I'm so aware it's not large enough for a full grown adult. Regardless, I'm open to critique for sure! I will say that the substrate is about 4" deep at the shallowest part, and about 6" deep in the back.

Next, the A. geniculata... Apologies in advance for such a blurry pic, this spider is so tiny and my phone camera can only do so much :rofl:

FFTOoahVIAcgMkG.jpg
I know considerably less about this species, it was a semi-impulse buy (though I was able to talk with a staff member who was very tarantula knowledgeable); my main question is, should I move it out of this teeny deli cup just yet, or wait until after a molt or two? My main concern is I don't want it to get lost, but at the same time my desire to give my animals more room is trying to overtake me, lol

Questions aside, look at my tarantulas! I'm very excited about them, haha

Last edited by a moderator:

Stemmy101

Arachnosquire
Beautiful Ts! IMO I wouldn't rehouse the genic just yet, the deli cup looks like a good size for it to me. But maybe some more experienced keepers can tell you what they think, because I'm still learning myself lol.

Fisher

Arachnopeon
Beautiful Ts! IMO I wouldn't rehouse the genic just yet, the deli cup looks like a good size for it to me. But maybe some more experienced keepers can tell you what they think, because I'm still learning myself lol.
Thank you, that makes sense to me and kind of what i was leaning towards. A couple other people on a different platform told me the same thing, so it seems correct, lol

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Definitely wait two molts to move it.
Also, albopilosus looks pretty female to me

Fisher

Arachnopeon
The T. albopilosus is female :)
Definitely wait two molts to move it.
Also, albopilosus looks pretty female to me
Thank you both for confirming female! That was my thought too after more observation + research. i'm pretty new to tarantulas, mostly haha

as for the geniculata, i did actually end up moving it.. oops. the new enclosure truly isn't much larger, only it's square and deeper. the spider is still easy to locate and the enclosure is easier for me to access... that's my excuse anyway. like I said, i'm not too experienced here.. im acknowledging my newbie mistake lol

Fisher

Arachnopeon
I did end up re-rehousing the A. geniculata; after some thought it did seem like the more reasonable thing IMG_20211205_212524850.jpg