Two months cig free!! Time for new T!

bdprice1968

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tuesday will be my second month without a cig, oh yeah. So now Ill be ordering a new T. Im looking at either an L. parahybana, Heteroscodra maculata, Psalmopoeus irminia, or a Theraphosa.

Any advice or suggestions and why would you get that one?

malevolentrobot

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
first of all, congrats! i wish i could make it to 2mos., but i always end up caving after around a month. :wall:

all good choices. hm, were i you and you wanted an arbo more, i'd go with the p. irminia. i think they are prettier than the h. mac, and not as potent!

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Congrats!

And the first three can be found really cheap as slings, so I vote for all of the first three choices!

Offkillter

Arachnosquire
good for you man.I'm five months in and staying strong. Chewing lotttttts of gum.Go P irminia or parahaybana.

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I might be a little biased... But.. How can you not get one of these.. Its a 5" bundle of beauty! :D

Sorry the picture kind of sucks.. But this is my 5" female P. irminia..

BTW.. Congrats on not smoking for 2 months..

Last edited:

farrisbaharom

Arachnopeon
good on you mate

Tuesday will be my second month without a cig, oh yeah. So now Ill be ordering a new T. Im looking at either an L. parahybana, Heteroscodra maculata, Psalmopoeus irminia, or a Theraphosa.

Any advice or suggestions and why would you get that one?
i dunno if i'll ever quit, but it sure is nice to see someone doing well! congrats!:clap:

i would go for the P irminia - looks beyond awesome, makes unique web homes and they grow FAST.

if you can handle an OBT, you'll love these - much nicer looking than an H maculata, imho. and the LP, well i have one, for the sheer size they get to, but other than that i think they're pretty ..meh.

cheers

Tang

Arachnopeon
I vote for p.irminia too..I just got some a few days back..hell yeah they were more great looking than in pics.especially when you feed them, they just act like adult T's.I feed them with pinheads(easier because cricket climb up to their hideout).

cheers...............

mcluskyisms

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Well done on the quitting smoking thing, I'm gonna disagree with the whole board and suggest a Theraphosa.....

:cool:

Big Red TJ

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Well done on the quitting smoking thing, I'm gonna disagree with the whole board and suggest a Theraphosa.....

:cool:
+1 get a theraposa awsome size and great feed response, but like others have said get a few slings I love my H. mac as well.;)

VESPidA

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
congrats!:clap: and what a nice incentive you have, as well:) my irminia just molted so i'm partial to that one, but l para and h mac are also on my want list

proper_tea

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
While I agree that P irminia is prettier... my H mac is way more interesting. Also can't recommend a parahybana enough. These are two of my favorite Ts in my collection (and I have kept, or am keeping the other ones you mentioned).

Congrats on the 2 moths. I'm at 11 months right now... but very seriously considering starting again. We'll see.

bdprice1968

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Thank You all for your advice, I think Im leaning towards the L. parahybana and/or the Psalmopoeus irminia.
Oh and by the way I married a blonde!!!!

Thanks, Ill let y'all know. Might order tonight, Oh Yeah!!!!

Terry D

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Brian, + 1 on the Theraphosa sling. You look like a Theraphosa kind of guy. If the thoughts of wet substrate and mold are holding you back, just keep it on peat and around 80 to slightly higher. My big'uns cage is really moist but never molds. Sometimes I wish I'd bought a sling because it's a fairly morose captive. Lately it's been in it's cave in premolt and never comes out. Will be a little more spritely after the molt.

On the smokes- Good going :clap:. I've been at it for 30 years off and on. I've quit for a year at most. I quit drinking last Aug. 3. Quitting cigs after that seems an impossible dream at present {D- but I will!

Have a good weekend,

Terry