Two Molts and a death

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Burning, my 2.25" P irminia, molted over the weekend. Looks all stretched out and moving well in his hide. Trinidad, my 2" GBB (C cyaneopubescens) is finishing out a molt right now. Was flipped on his/her back at noon, is turned over and stepped away from the molt from what I can tell through the container.

I may have lost tiny sling Max Factor, the pinktoe. I was fairly sure it was going into molt on Friday, but it's in a death curl instead. Waiting for the stink. Oh well. Poor itty guy... I tried.

Humidity in the room is 45% at the moment, but everyone has a waterdish, and I'm watching the temp pretty closely.

Marga

captmarga

Arachnobaron
Guess I can chalk it up to SADS - Sudden Avic Death Syndrome. Literally was fine on Friday, dead in a little heap (but not death curl) on Monday.

I have had two molts since then. My GBB Trinidad molted on Tuesday, and Wild Rover, the 1.25" P regalis is finishing up right now.

Marga

Ariel

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Sorry about the loss. I know how that is, one of my C. schioedtei slings died the other day, after eating only the day before. He tackled the cricket with enthusiam, and the next day he was dead....

bad cricket maybe. :\