Two Headed Snake

Psycho

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
My baby ball python havin' his meal. He had to make it difficult by swallowing it butt first lol.

~~~Psycho~~~

Attachments

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Cool pic, Psycho. I used to have a baby boa that swallowed his prey every which way but nose-first. He often swallowed his prey sideways, usually starting at the spine or the belly. On a good day, he would swallow them tail-first. If I may make a suggestion. I would put down a sheet or two of paper towels in the cage, and feed him there. I know you said the substrate is digestible in another post. I just don't put full trust in the manufacturers, especially when it comes to the health of my snakes. Even a piece of substrate lodged in its mouth can spell mouthrot if it's not removed in time.

Bry

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I would also feed him in a different cage......because everytime you stick you hand in there he might mistake for food and take a bite at you.

Sam,

Bry

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Originally posted by BigSam
I would also feed him in a different cage......because everytime you stick you hand in there he might mistake for food and take a bite at you.
I agree. Although in the case of ball pythons, I don't think it matters much. Ball pythons are chickens for one thing. :) Ball pythons, in some cases, tend to be shy feeders, so, sometimes they won't eat unless they're in familiar territory. In addition, if the keeper goes into the cage regularly for general maintenance, the snake will learn that the cage door opening doesn't always mean food is coming. A bite from even an adult ball python is hardly worth getting anybody's panties in a twist over.

Bry

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
I suffered a VERY nasty bite from a friend's ball python once. He said it was okay to pick up, so I did. He latched on to my wrist and sinched up on me. When we finally got it uncoiled, it tore my hand while coming off.

Not a pleasant experience, but I'm sure it wasn't the norm.

-Bryan

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
did it hurt ??

My male ball python bit me but it was real quick bite, a hit -n- release. Just a little bit of blood came out ....... ;P

Sam,

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Originally posted by BigSam
did it hurt ??
Let me think.... uhmmm. DUH! ;P

It kept its fangs in my hand the whole slide off. It ripped 1" gashes along my wrist.

Everything said, it wasn't terrible. I've had much worse ;)

-Bryan

BigSam

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Originally posted by Bry
. A bite from even an adult ball python is hardly worth getting anybody's panties in a twist over.

Bry
See Bry it depends on how they get you,

Sam,

scorpio

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
lol.....my ball once latched on to me for 15 minutes and I couldnt figure how to get him off my arm. I finally accomplished this by submersing him in water. Even the little ones have insanely tight grips.