Two at the same time

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Night before last I started my usual inspection of the T room. As I was changing a water dish something in the enclosure above caught my eye. Someone was molting quite height off the sub. And then the *wait a minute* happened. Thats a mature male. As I was looking at him the other one caught my eye. Both me mm G.rosea and porteri had molted. One stuck before it ever got out and dead. The other still in a struggle to get out. Did I help him yes. Should I have helped him no. There was to much damage from being stuck in his molt and he wasn't going to make it anyway.
The reason I tried is last year I had another G.porteri mm do the same and he molted rather well for the situation. I had posted about him as he was doing ridiculously well. Even eating like a juvenile. I was told he would die soon. Well that was 8 months to a year ago and he's still doing very well.
I'm kinda in disbelief that this happened at the same time. Ok here are the pics. image.jpeg image.jpeg

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Aww, that's rough. I'm so sorry to hear it. They sound like they had a good run though.

You got me though... I was not expecting this content when I read the title of your thread... Then you hit me with the feels.:(

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
@Storm76 thank you for the kind words. It was very weird. I kinda just stood there for a moment thinking no really *blink, blink* ugh.

Poec54

Arachnoemperor
How humid are the cages & room? In Vegas this time of year, you have very dry air outside and inside the a/c dries out the air too. I've noticed that during our hot dry Florida springs, when we do get an occasional rainy day, I can have one or two dozen adults molt within days. It's like they're on hold, waiting for a wet, humid spell before taking the plunge.

cold blood

Staff member
Oh, these were MM's molting...wow....I thought they were molting into MM's when we talked.:bag:

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
How humid are the cages & room? In Vegas this time of year, you have very dry air outside and inside the a/c dries out the air too. I've noticed that during our hot dry Florida springs, when we do get an occasional rainy day, I can have one or two dozen adults molt within days. It's like they're on hold, waiting for a wet, humid spell before taking the plunge.
My room is about 40 % humidity and their cages are dry with large water dishes. And kept low to the floor (bottom shelf). It's been ridiculously hot here lately and our usual monsoon didn't really happen this year. My room temp this time of year is about 78-85 I keep the air conditioning vent closed in there but of course still get some flow. I'm experiencing the same, quite a few of my adults have molted recently and even a few that have molted in the last few months molted again like my violaceopes and versi. But the two mature males on the same day was just weird.

Blue Jaye

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Oh, these were MM's molting...wow....I thought they were molting into MM's when we talked.:bag:
Ya both MMs it really sucked to say the least. But you gotta love those Ts because they always make you stop and think even when somtimes its huh. Lol

Sana

Arachnoprince
Did either of them make it through post ultimate molt?

Hellblazer

Arachnosquire
I had that happen with a MM OBT years ago. By the time I found him it was too late to try to help him out.