twisted Hisser

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I just started keeping Hissers this year. I just recieved some extras in the mail. One of the babies has some deformed segments. It's kind of interesting and I hope it makes it to adult. Is this genetic? Anybody else seen this before in Hissers or other roaches? If it might be genetic, I think I would want to isolate it later.

Last edited:

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Wow thats odd! I would keep that as a pet, and appreciate it's uniqueness. :) See if it's body changes with future molts.

recluse

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I have kept hissers for many years and have never seen this before. It may have been a bad molt, just my two cent.

Stylopidae

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The way the 4th segment joins with the 5th leads me to believe it's genetic, as well.

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I would keep it or maybe give it to someone interested in studying it. Just don't breed it of course.

Spider-Man v2.0

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOW!
it certanly wasnt that way when i sent it too you!! it must have molted while inside the plastic cup i sent them in, and some whear down the line of the molting that happend...

wow, i hope another one of mien molts like that *well shes not mien any more:(*

im gessing on her next malt she might be back to normal, but keep an eye out for her sheding, that exo whould make a nice wall pice. but like i said, keep an eye out for her molting cus thay will eat it if u dont get in fast enofe.

Randolph XX()

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
i had one craniifer x fusca female like that, and she molted out without one of the wings

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Yup, me! I have a hisser with a criss cross pattern. It's molted all the way to maturity with it. I like it. It's unique.

Acro

Aziz! Light!
Old Timer
Twisted Stock

Hey Galapoheros and IguanaMama,

Do I see the breeding of twisted hissers in your future? The two of you could create the Twisted Stock Hisser! Kinda like the Black stock and Giant stock of G. portentosa.

Just a thought. ;)

IguanaMama

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I could bring mine to arachnocon, if they don't charge me for an extra seat on the plane. I could call it my companion pet, I suppose.

Louise E. Rothstein

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Next Thread

Dear Arachnoboards Members:

I bought a "Vietnamese stick insect" without learning its Latin name.
The "mystery stick" is said to be a female who needs no male to
breed...she is said to be "parthenogenic."

She HAS to have a "Latin" name!

But what is it?

Most perplexedly yours,

Louise Esther Rothstein.

Acro

Aziz! Light!
Old Timer
Hmmm...post #11 is in the wrong spot.....but anyway...
I know Galapoheros is in Texas (USA) but where are you from IguanaMama?

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Twisted is still twisted:cool: . I think this is the second molt after the thread was started, could be the third after the thread was started. Hard to see the body segments. I'll try to get another pic when it darkens up. Because of the way I keep them, individuals are hard to find in the setup. I think it's going to look pretty cool as an adult. I'm pretty positive about it making it to an adult.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
What a difference a day makes. I just found Twisted. Getting really dark. Dark and Twisted, muahahahaha{D . Man what a nerd.. can y'all believe I'm 43 years old:? .

bugmankeith

Arachnoking
Old Timer
The combination of orange and black on him are awesome, almost like flames on a dark background.

Galapoheros

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Digging up an old thread to post a last pic of Twisted. At least a year old now, probably a little more. Looking a little beat. He's getting on up there in months:rolleyes:

KyuZo

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
wow, that's an oddball. He looks like he had a rough time growing up or something

Elytra and Antenna

Arachnoking
Arachnosupporter +
That's actually a pretty common hisser deformity. There are some pics from different people who have them on the Allpet Roaches forum. It shows up in tiger hissers as well. Also, it shows up in millipedes sometimes.