Tuxedo weasels (it's a long story)

T 'n T

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Tuxedo cat: B&W kitty (we have one named Bandit)

Now that we have the definition out of the way: My brother works in a warehouse next to plenty of grass and trees. In the summer there are lots of spiders on the windows, and they get nice and fat. :)

Many times during the summer, he sees little treefrogs go up to the windows and have at the spider buffet. :eek: Well, this year there was a bumper crop of spiders and treefrogs. And other critters as well...

Last night I was in my bed, sleeping peacefully, when my bro woke me to say he was chased at work by two 'tuxedo weasels.' Groggily, thinking of Bandit, I asked him if he saw kitties at work. Not quite.

Turns out he was chased into the warehouse by two skunks! Siblings probably, still small, albeit fearless and sure of their power. The security guard went out and (carefully) took pictures.

Summer in Minnesota at its finest!

pitbulllady

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've never heard of skunks called "tuxedo weasels", but it sure does fit!
Thing is with young skunks, they have a strong instinct, like baby chicks, to follow any larger moving object, and you often see mother skunks crossing the road this time of year with half a dozen babies strung out behind them like railroad cars behind the engine. If they can't find their mother to run after, ANY larger moving object will do to a nearsighted young skunk!

pitbulllady

T 'n T

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Well PBL, they're up to three skunks now. Their little bodies are about the size of a small squirrel, but the tail is twice as big (or so I'm told), 75% fluff. And just tonight all three strutted by my brother, out on a smoke break, only about two feet in front of him. No fear whatsoever.

And the security guard is determined to get up close and personal with them. The first day my brother saw them everyone went out to the front door to take a look. One of the skunks crawled into a bait station (a poison-bait filled can put out to control mice and stuff), and the horrified guard went out and shook the can until the skunk ran away. :eek:

Well, tonight the skunks went under one of the trucks and the guard tried to pick one up, 'Here, little guy!' My brother couldn't believe it. One of these days that guard is going to get way more than he bargained for. {D