Ts you love but aren't sure why

Transylvania

Gondorian
Old Timer
Lately I've been attracted to Megaphobema robustum and I honestly have no clue why. I don't own any, so I don't know much about them. Their coloring looks, to me, like just a simple orange/brown, but I'm completely hooked! It's driving me crazy. Anyone else have a favorite sp. and don't exactly know why you like it? xD

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Lately I've been attracted to Megaphobema robustum and I honestly have no clue why. I don't own any, so I don't know much about them. Their coloring looks, to me, like just a simple orange/brown, but I'm completely hooked! It's driving me crazy. Anyone else have a favorite sp. and don't exactly know why you like it? xD
Megaphobema robustum is a gorgeous T, and a pretty big one at that. That's why you have a thing for it. {D

I, on the other hand, have a thing for the most simple and common T known, a Grammostola rosea. Don't ask me why, cause I don't know lol.

Last edited:

OldHag

ArachnoHag
Old Timer
Rosies are spooky!! I dont like em! They just bide their time waiting to attack! They hate everyone and they will be the end of mankind!

I like my Augacephalus junodi. Not colorful, not mean, not big, pretty much a pet hole. But I love her! I would NEVER get rid of her!! Id sell my husband before Id sell her :D well..... maybe not.. no, no, Id sell him first.

jr47

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i like baboon's the best. not sure why. and i also think rosea's keep it interesting.

Parahybana3590

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I love Poecilotheria regalis. As far as pokies go, it doesn't have the best coloration, but something about it makes me drool:drool:

kurisute_hasu

Arachnopeon
G.rosea (beauties after molts) even if they are crazy some times. I haven't seen my female in the open for about two months, if I see the tips of her legs poking out then its been a pretty exciting day.

Kagekumo

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
right now I'm really crazy about my P. fasciata. I got her from a local pet store only to find out that she has a badly deformed opisthosoma. I guess that's why I'm so into her now. She's my little underdog. I hope she pulls through. It's been a couple of weeks since she's eaten. :(

cricket54

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
My Rosie's are spooky too Hag, but I know their behavior well enough to know I have time to react, and when they will strike now. Never been bit by one of them yet. Ours have all started eating again, and are ready to strike right now. Just don't put my hands in there. They are some of my most active tarantulas, and I get a kick out of them. Have one juvenile I've raised from a little sling and he is as fast as my others to pounce on his food, all the time. Not seen this one go into a feeding fast yet and he's big enough to have his full colors.

The one T I love and don't know why, is my female H. lividum. Have not seen her out in yrs. I'm lucky if I even see legs in her burrow. She is a real dark blue and not as colorfull as some are even.

Sharon

kristal_kaos

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have to admit that I am a huge avic fan....never seen one til last month and they are cutie pies:) ....but my absolute fav would be the A. geniculata...I just got one from Reptist and the darn thing has stole my heart...I thought I would die an avic lover, but theres something beautifully attractive about the white bands and red hairs. The attitude on this baby is out of this world too, lol...she is a jumper and likes to jump at the glass at people looking in too close, lol:eek: {D .,..I think she feels their breathe or something:?

Snowball

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Zomg I love avics.. lol. Straight up. They rock. My A. Avic has almost a maze made between the branches/vines in her tank (up at the top of course ^.^) She's my hero. Fresh molt too =)

Scorpendra

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
A. purpurea. it might be the coloring, but they'd have to be my favorite NW species.

KingBowser

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Grammostola pulchra straight up. Just a jet-black spider, but more beautiful than a A. versicolor or X. immanis IMO...

GailC

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I have a thing for haps, don't know why as I don't like pet holes but when I sold my first hap I missed her nasty butt so much I finally decided to get a lividium. Hopefully this one will be a bitey, hissy beast too.

Goomba

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
I'm a big fan of African T's, any baboon basically. I don't know why.