T's that DON'T web a lot???

Estein

Arachnoknight
The above, plus Grammostola. I've never seen my G pulchripes, G pulchra, or G rosea web except for molt webs and maybe some webbing over the substrate.
My porteri is a prolific webber (I can barely see the substrate in her enclosure anymore) I've heard a couple other people say the same of theirs. I know this is generally the exception, but I figured I'd toss my thoughts into the ring so the OP knows there's an off-chance that G. rosea/porteri might lay down some heavy webbing.

Estein

Arachnoknight
Since y'all are on the subject of communal setups, do you know of any long-term successful H. incei communals? I know plenty of people have tried them, but I haven't really seen any reports of successful setups, just ones that didn't work out.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Since y'all are on the subject of communal setups, do you know of any long-term successful H. incei communals? I know plenty of people have tried them, but I haven't really seen any reports of successful setups, just ones that didn't work out.
I've not tried them and I've not really heard from anyone who has in the long term. I was tempted to give one a try with the ones I got from CB but I ended up keeping them separate.

Olan

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
All good choices. Thrixopelma cyaneolum and okerti are some nice looking ones. For bigger spiders, P. cancerides webs minimally, and I am not sure I have ever really seen a stitch of web in my P. nigricolor enclosure. A. geniculata as well.

I agree, I don't like the idea of communals at all...that said, I think balfouri is the exception to the rule. Indications from people I know with large, long term, multi-generational communals of them have convinced me. I've been told that they grow faster....like much faster, when kept communally.
Yeah, my Pamphobeteus sp. Machala hasn't webbed in the slightest. I don't even know why she has spinnerets.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
My porteri is a prolific webber (I can barely see the substrate in her enclosure anymore) I've heard a couple other people say the same of theirs. I know this is generally the exception, but I figured I'd toss my thoughts into the ring so the OP knows there's an off-chance that G. rosea/porteri might lay down some heavy webbing.
My porteri has webbed a mat that almost completely covers the floor of her enclosure. This is not the first time either, as I have rehoused her within the last year and the previous substrate was completely covered as well. She also webs up the sides of her enclosure - more often than not, she's webbing.

My B boehmei, as far as I can tell, has never webbed once in her life. o_O

Estein

Arachnoknight
My porteri has webbed a mat that almost completely covers the floor of her enclosure. This is not the first time either, as I have rehoused her within the last year and the previous substrate was completely covered as well. She also webs up the sides of her enclosure - more often than not, she's webbing.
This is what I've seen too. In fact, it seems like every time I look into her enclosure, she's webbing! I wonder what approximate percentage of the species tends to do this.

Paiige

Arachnobaron
This is what I've seen too. In fact, it seems like every time I look into her enclosure, she's webbing! I wonder what approximate percentage of the species tends to do this.
A friend of mine had five porteri/rosea of assorted color forms a while back and all except his one male RCF were constantly webbing. Maybe it's a lady thing?

Estein

Arachnoknight
A friend of mine had five porteri/rosea of assorted color forms a while back and all except his one male RCF were constantly webbing. Maybe it's a lady thing?
Huh, that's pretty interesting. My mom has always been the decorator in my family--maybe a cross-species trait? ;)