T's on New Years Eve

Reest

Arachnopeon
Started thinking about this the other day.
Do T's freak out/act visibly disturbed on New Years Eve when all the fireworks go off?
I feel like they should cause of all the vibrations and maybe the flashing lights if there are uncovered windows nearby. Is this the case with most T's?

Devin B

Arachnobaron
Unfortunately I wasnt at home observeing my T's last new years. I would think they would just go into their burrows where they feel safe and hang out here. Im from the USA and the 4th of july is coming up which is our biggest fireworks holiday. I might check out what my T's do around then.

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
Unless your desk is shaking or its right outside your window, I doubt they care.

Tittle13

Arachnopeon
Possibly if they were very close. My tarantulas don't even react to people dashing up and down creaky stairs on the other side of the wall so they would probably pay no mind. I've really only gotten vibration reactions from accidentally hitting the metal rack they are on with tongs or a cricket cage or forgetting to turn away from them to speak when doing maintenance.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
Here we have fireworks on the 5th November Guy Fawkes night, mines are in a dark room by that tme of night and they didn't react at all to the explosions etc. So I'm thinking the vibrations beside my home are very slight, but the noise is very loud and there's no reaction to that either. So no my spiders don't freak out/act disturbed, when fireworks are going off, hope this helps.

johnny quango

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mine are generally drunk before midnight and being abusive to each other so it doesn't bother them

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Funny you should ask, a very well known and respected breeder here actually puts his females with eggsacs or those who are close to dropping one in the bathroom during the fireworks.
(Bathrooms here are usually the rooms closest to the middle of the house and therefore the most quiet)

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Around here they are not close enough to cause any vibrations to the local houses or buildings so the aforementioned scenario is of insignificant concern to myself or my invertebrates. :smug: