Ts molt in cycles?

scjones22

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I was just wondering if Ts molted in cycles be cause 3 weeks ago I had my B.smithi and my GBB molt in the same week. This week Chaco Goldenknee and my G. Rosea both molted in the same week, and two days apart. Is this a coinsidence or is it that they can tell what another one in the same room is doing and they do it in cycles? I know this seems crazy but its just a thought

Fingolfin

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I don't think they can tell what each other are doing..... but if there is a natura lcycle to it they would be responding to that and not each other.

Mushroom Spore

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
Tarantulas are solitary animals, why would their bodies care in the slightest that some other T in the area is currently very vulnerable?

If anything, they'd go find that T and kill it while the killing was easy.

Talkenlate04

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Tarantulas are solitary animals, why would their bodies care in the slightest that some other T in the area is currently very vulnerable?

If anything, they'd go find that T and kill it while the killing was easy.
Great answer, but not really what he was getting at...........

They have a seasonal cycle. When and if you get up there in the number of Ts you own you will find that there will be groups that molt at that the same time. This applys to adults.
Slings and juvies have cycles too but its faster and not so much season oriented. However even juvies will fast in the winter time due to the conditions and lack of prey. But in a house there is more of a constant so they will just eat and grow till they reach adulthood.
If you have ever had a T just stop eating for a period of time I believe thats because they are going though their winter cycle, even if its not winter.