t's like earthworm.....?

lanced_prinz

Arachnopeon
my friend told me that he feds his t's with earthworm............

Is it okay if i feed my t's with earthworm too?

thank you

LadySharon

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I have. however... this was NOT an earthworm dug up in the back yard. They were Canadian night crawlers that - like the crickets you'd get a a pet shop - are essentially captive bred in farms. They are supposed to be used as bait - but I buy them to feed baby garter snakes with.

And once I ran out of crickets I thought I'd see if some of my T's would eat them. One balled up the worm... another ignored it... but one of my T's eats his like it was a spaghetti noodle. (kinda gross). Also I wouldn't do that all the time. I feed mainly crickets. I've also given some of my t's wax worms (from the exotic pet store).

- sharon

gumby

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Part of me wants to try it just to see what happens but part of me does not want to clean the mess up. :barf:

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
Yeah... wild earthworms will pose a significant risk of tranferring parasites to your T and will also be somewhat messy when compared to insect feeders. That can raise your risk of mites or ants finding the enclosure.

Crysta

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
mine was scared of them. haha funny seeing wimpy spiders run away.... when they are even bigger then the worm.

Travis K

TravIsGinger
Old Timer
I would be worried about the T getting slime coated on areas.