T's in Florida

TBONE

Arachnopeon
So to pursue this further, following on from Tommy's response; B.Vagans in florida (well estrablished??) my understanding is that they are only found in a citrus grove near Fort Pierce and that tjey only occupied one acre of that grove. Are there now T's all over Florida? That is sure going to scare the Disney goers especially the ones from england!!!!

LV-426

Arachnobaron
I heard somewhere maybe on one of the few tarantula boards that there is a possibility colony of A. aviculara south of Miami International Airport and in the Everglades as well

Redneck

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So to pursue this further, following on from Tommy's response; B.Vagans in florida (well estrablished??) my understanding is that they are only found in a citrus grove near Fort Pierce and that tjey only occupied one acre of that grove. Are there now T's all over Florida? That is sure going to scare the Disney goers especially the ones from england!!!!
I didnt say they were "all over Florida".. I cant even say I have witnessed any of them in FL.. I have not been there to look for any..

I can only say what I ahve been "told" or "read".. I have been "told" there are some B. vagans & Avicularia sp. (I am guessing A. avicularia..) in Florida...

*Edit* As far as where in Florida.. IDK...

TBONE

Arachnopeon
Many thanks people for your responses and helpful info. Tommy - apologies, I know what you meant. Just seems the B.Vagans is very elusive in florida.
I actually did flight training in florida in 2001 (and yes during 9/11 - so was grounded for a while) any way the motel i stayed in in Kissimmee had a couple of black widows around one of the light fittings by my room which was interesting to observe. In the uk now we have our very own funnel web called the tubeweb, anyone seen it? it is on youtube - it is quite aggressive

jdmjames

Arachnopeon
if this is true i hope i run into an avic avic. ebing that i live in miami lol i will be looking out for them now or any T for the matter. never knew or even heard about this till now.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
Down here in Miami they have just about everything under the sun. I see haitian curly tail lizard Miami Dade college north campus everyday. I have seen brown basilisks in Miami Springs, spiny tailed iguanas at Emilia Earhart park in Hialeh, dead Burmese pythons on US 1 heading to the Keys, Tokay Geckos in Kendall, and a report supposed King cobras in the Everglades. I wouldnt doubt there are some Aviculara species or any T species here in Miami Dade county