Ts getting lazy?

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Hey everyone, was wondering if anyone on the boards ever noticed their spiders slowing down, not from pre molt but during their most active phase when they are still hungry. What I mean is that they aren't as outgoing and won't actively seek out their prey. For example, my juvenile female T. stirmi used to go crazy every time I would drop prey in her enclosure but now she just waits in her den and doesn't pursue the crickets, she waits for them to come to her. It's just a little less exciting when I feed cause I don't get to see her come out. My female A. geniculata also has these tendencies but I have been feeding them rather heavily so I guess they simply aren't as hungry. Should I lay off on the feeding for a couple weeks ? Will their hunting drive return?

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Feeding responses and temperatures are connected. It might be connected to the summer currently fading into autumn?

TownesVanZandt

Arachnoprince
Perhaps, however I maintain the room temperature with my heater so I'm not sure that would be the cause.
Hmm. Most heating devices will make the air more dry, so it might still be connected. However, if you´ve been feeding them in excess, they might just not be hungry. As long as they eat and otherwise acts normal, I wouldn´t worry too much if I was you :)

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
Yes they are very healthy and have been well fed so I'm not worried, guess they're just not willing to 360 flip over a cricket anymore lol I guess they're youth is behind us ;) thanks for the help

Cavedweller

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I've definitely noticed my Ts feeding responses aren't as strong in the winter. My house stays around 77F most of the year, then down to 70 in the winter.

BobBarley

Arachnoprince
Yes they are very healthy and have been well fed so I'm not worried, guess they're just not willing to 360 flip over a cricket anymore lol I guess they're youth is behind us ;) thanks for the help
Yeah.. those teen t's and their 360 flips... Doubt it'll be an issue though, all my t's slow way down in the winter.