T's emitting clear substrance from mouth

tass

Arachnopeon
crystal clear looks like water, i went to the store and came back and it's doubled in size, any idea what's going on here?

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I dont know why they do it,....but, most of my arboreal slings/juvies do, or have done this from time, to time.....its normal, but dont know what purpose it serves

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Your T is most likely just drooling a little. It freaked me out the first time I saw one of mine do it. It is normal and not worrisome by itself. :)

Stopdroproll

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
From what I have observed, they sometimes use the liquid to cleanse their legs.

LV-426

Arachnobaron
i have seen it on my P cambridgei sling, I always thought it was venom oozing

archieph

Arachnosquire
my marshalli did that

i fed my marshalli a honeybee right one day after it molted.. it did this and i was reallt nervous thinking it has damaged it's fangs.. yeah it is maybe js using it to clean legs.. good i read this thread.. cheers!!!;P

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
What about a white substance? Sorry for the low quality pics

I've seen that before... might not be the same in your case but worth reading. Look at the bottom of the page at the link:

http://giantspiders.com/ailments.html

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

The white substance could be an indication of a nematode infection and can spread throughout your collection. You should quarintine it until you can dismiss that as a possibility.

crawltech

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
some times the white build up is hard water stains, from drinkin off the sides of the enclosure, or got some poop in her mouth parts while drinkin from the sides......i wouldnt jump to conclusions

LordPofas

Arachnopeon
I've seen that before... might not be the same in your case but worth reading. Look at the bottom of the page at the link:

---------- Post added at 10:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 PM ----------

The white substance could be an indication of a nematode infection and can spread throughout your collection. You should quarintine it until you can dismiss that as a possibility.
I noticed that the white stuff in its mouth is now gone. It must have "cleaned" it off with a droplet on the wall of the enclosure or something because it is smeared on the glass now. Kind of looks like bird droppings on a windshield. I tried the cage shaking test the article cited and the T reacted with normal movement.

Royal_T's

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Probably nothing then... I thought it was worth mentioning though.

tass

Arachnopeon

it's not white it's clear and i think i'd notice the worm infection lol

xhexdx

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
it's not white it's clear and i think i'd notice the worm infection lol
They weren't responding to you:

What about a white substance? Sorry for the low quality pics
The clear liquid is saliva.

The white liquid-stuff could have been excrement that the spider was, for some reason, 'involved' with. Describing it as "...because it is smeared on the glass now. Kind of looks like bird droppings on a windshield" leads me towards it being poop.