T's and music??

JuGGaL0K0W

Arachnopeon
By any chance does anyone have any experience on this ... i love my music and apparently so do my t's. They will move toward the music and prefer more bassy music than not. I do not crank the tunes but when its at a lower volume they will get curious come out of burrows and congregate on the sides of the tanks that the music is on, when its turned up a little more they just hang out all outstretched by the speakers. I know plants and things like that hypothetically grow better when sung to or listening to music do think this may be the same for t's or??

Najakeeper

Arachnoprince
By any chance does anyone have any experience on this ... i love my music and apparently so do my t's. They will move toward the music and prefer more bassy music than not. I do not crank the tunes but when its at a lower volume they will get curious come out of burrows and congregate on the sides of the tanks that the music is on, when its turned up a little more they just hang out all outstretched by the speakers. I know plants and things like that hypothetically grow better when sung to or listening to music do think this may be the same for t's or??
They are reacting to the vibrations, more bass means more vibrations so they react more. They may think that food is around, or try to escape from potential threats or think that world is coming apart. I would think that it is not a good idea to play laud music around Ts, should be very stressful.

JuGGaL0K0W

Arachnopeon
lol no lady gaga does not.. and thank you i will not turn it up. what about a background music very low just left on for them?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
lol no lady gaga does not.. and thank you i will not turn it up. what about a background music very low just left on for them?
They don't like music so there's no point. Ts are deaf and will only sense the vibrations.

Fyreflye

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
My Ts are in my computer room, and this is where i listen to most of my music. I have a decent speaker set up, and the bass is nice. I never crank it up LOUD, but sometimes i'll put it loud enough to hear it in the next room over when i'm doing house work. I've made a point to observe my Ts when i have the music on, and i've never seen them react to it. My GBB is my most sensitive and spastic T, and it doesn't even twitch a leg to the music.

I wonder, also, if the type of music can make a difference? I mostly listen to slower mellow artists (Coldplay, Arcade Fire, Radiohead, Muse...etc), songs with a gentle rhythmic beat. I would imagine that music with erratic or forceful beats would create more stressful vibrations?

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I think you are trying to anthropomorphize your tarantulas too much. The bass causes vibrations that the T reacts to instinctively. It might think there is food near, or a predator and react to the stimulus accordingly; but it is not 'enjoying' or 'preferring' the music.

6StringSamurai

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I'm in two bands right now, I sing in a hard rock/metal band kind of like Killswitch Engage and I do guitar and vocals for a laid back acoustic rock band. The room where I record and practice doubles as my spider room. I feel more creative around them.

So my tarantulas experience music at a fairly high volume, not concert level, but my voice is quite loud without any amplification.

I've never seen any kind of reaction from my tarantulas. Whatever they were doing when I started, they continue.

I watch carefully too, because if they seemed stressed or upset by it I would move them to another room immediately.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I'm in two bands right now, I sing in a hard rock/metal band kind of like Killswitch Engage and I do guitar and vocals for a laid back acoustic rock band. The room where I record and practice doubles as my spider room. I feel more creative around them.

So my tarantulas experience music at a fairly high volume, not concert level, but my voice is quite loud without any amplification.

I've never seen any kind of reaction from my tarantulas. Whatever they were doing when I started, they continue.

I watch carefully too, because if they seemed stressed or upset by it I would move them to another room immediately.
So tell me, what are the signs of a T being stressed?

bioshock

Arachnoknight
Old Timer

Was you bumping the wicked clown music by any chance?? :D

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Going into the sulk position, abandoning what they were doing to hide, assuming the threat posture, etc.

Edit: typo
So you know that this is what a T does when it is stressed?

A T may not always display visible signs of stress so just because it is not doing any of those doesn't mean it isnt stressed.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So you know that this is what a T does when it is stressed?

A T may not always display visible signs of stress so just because it is not doing any of those doesn't mean it isnt stressed.
So how do you know that a T is stressed, if it is not showing those signs?

Bengal21

Arachnopeon
Barry white does seem to get my t's in the mood to bump uglies.

Do you think they love or hate "walking into spiderwebs" by No Doubt?

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
So how do you know that a T is stressed, if it is not showing those signs?
Maybe it's too stressed to go into stress positions... ;)

I think they are fully capable of being stressed out without showing any signs. Just like any other creature can. They could show no signs of stressing and then one day the signs show up and the next theyre dead. We'll never know, but just consider the possibilities.

curiousme

Arachnoprince
Old Timer

I think they are fully capable of being stressed out without showing any signs. Just like any other creature can. They could show no signs of stressing and then one day the signs show up and the next theyre dead. We'll never know, but just consider the possibilities.
Have you ever had that happen?

Cirith Ungol

Ministry of Fluffy Bunnies
Old Timer

Ah, and you are the spider whisperer who through the power of ESP can establish that a T is stressed even though it isn't showing any signs?

Right, I know, I'm an a-.
But less speculation would be good. This isn't going anywhere.

Chris_Skeleton

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Ah, and you are the spider whisperer who through the power of ESP can establish that a T is stressed even though it isn't showing any signs?

Right, I know, I'm an a-.
But less speculation would be good. This isn't going anywhere.
Thinking a T is ONLY stressed if it shows signs is ridiculous.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:25 PM ----------

Have you ever had that happen?
No it hasnt happened to me, but I also said We'll never know.

Dang people I'm not saying I'm the expert and I'm right. I could be completely wrong.

I should've made that clear in my first post.