Ts and heat?

Crone Returns

Arachnoangel
The house got about 95°F when I originally wrote. It's cool now with the ac. Outside's a "balmy" 87° at midnight. Tomorrow is going to be 102 or above. We're supposed to have a week of dangerous temps.
I'm so glad the ac is fixed. I'm positive I would have lost a couple of them.

ThisMeansWAR

Arachnosquire
In the UK, we're having quite warm weather ATM, 78 - 80 Fahrenheit, so should I expect to see more mots? Especially my slings as they molt more often as we all know, a couple of my C. minax look like they're entering the molting stage, shiny abdomens, although one of them did take a nymph down today, just have to wait and see if the weather plays a direct role in the speed between molts. Interesting observation, @JoshDM020, have you had any more unexpected molts or any that are looking as though their approaching a molt?
I had a heating tragedy happen a couple of weeks ago when I was away for the weekend and the t-room got way too hot, up towards 90F. I was devastated when I realized that I had lost a couple of slings to overheating but one week later seven of the surviving slings unexpectedly molted at more or less the same time.

spotropaicsav

Arachnobaron
The house got about 95°F when I originally wrote. It's cool now with the ac. Outside's a "balmy" 87° at midnight. Tomorrow is going to be 102 or above. We're supposed to have a week of dangerous temps.
We are in week long triple digit heat here ... I have been very cautious

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
We are in week long triple digit heat here ... I have been very cautious
Thankfully the extreme heat didn't last long here, a couple of days and it's over, back to typical Scottish weather, rain, rain oh, and more rain.....not in the slightest bit bothered, used to it by now, hope everyone's T's are coping with the extreme conditions.....

keks

Arachnobaron
Maybe we get 35°C /95°F too. But this is the hightest temperature for this and the next week, usually we have 30°C to 32°C. More than enough in my opinion :stop: . I prefer 23°C and have just now 25°C inside.
AC is here just luxus. I couldn't pay the energy for it, it's too expensive. I close all I can in the morning, and open again at night.

@ThisMeansWAR I'm sorry for your dead slings :( .

@mconnachan Is there any free flat or house in your environment? I move to scotland .... :rolleyes: .

viper69

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
I have a few slings that I'm expecting to molt, although I don't think it makes the slightest difference with my B. albopilosum slings, their growth rate....slow as paint drying on ice....lol

Agree to a certain extent, but there must be a point when too much heat is detrimental to the spider in question, species dependant of course.....ah generally, just noticed that.....
Yeah, that's common sense. :rolleyes:

Jones0911

Arachnobaron
what tempature do you keep your Ts at? i see alot of people keep theres at room tempature (atleast 70 F) so i was just curious what everyone does. Personally i keep mine at room tempature except for my slings which stay in my heating cabinet, but i have not been keeping Ts long so idk how right that is.
I live in Arizona, and the central air in my room doesn't work.... So whatever temperature in my room is, is what my Ts live with.

I keep water dishes in their enclosuress and mist again after the previous mist dries up which is about every other day.

My Ts seem to be doing just fine considering some days outside its 115 so its probably at least 80 during the day...