T's and bass

redhairedfury

Arachnopeon
I have a large subwoofer in my bedroom, where I am planning to keep my t's tank. Would the bass disturb the T? I like my music loud. Also, would the TV bother it?

sammyp

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
Hey, T's are sensitive to vibration, so the short answer is : yes! it would probably bother them quite a bit. As for telly, so long as its not blaring, should be fine

instar

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
I know for a fact it bothered my smithi when I had her tank ontop of the entertainment center.

redhairedfury

Arachnopeon
Ok, I wasn't sure about the vibration thing. I'll have to find out how to do something about that.

redhairedfury

Arachnopeon
Actually, my father has a huge sub hooked up to his TV. You should hear it during his football games.

cacoseraph

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
i have a recording studio in my house. everything shakes. i do better than the average bug keeper as far as breeding and captive hatching

my room mate has an A. avic. that just molted a month or so ago that he keeps in his monitoring room. it is regularily WAY above 100db in there, spider is doing fine.

would i want to keep a brooding mom in the monitoring room? no, not really... is my room (where i do brood) *that* much quiter than the monitoring room... a bit, but no, not really...

about the only thing i really try not to do is introduce potential breeding pairs when the music is thundering

Midnightrdr456

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
if it can be avoided i would, but I play in a band, and i am always playing in my basement with my T's and also practicing in my room with my other T's.

Keith Richard

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
i have a recording studio in my house. everything shakes. i do better than the average bug keeper as far as breeding and captive hatching

my room mate has an A. avic. that just molted a month or so ago that he keeps in his monitoring room. it is regularily WAY above 100db in there, spider is doing fine.

would i want to keep a brooding mom in the monitoring room? no, not really... is my room (where i do brood) *that* much quiter than the monitoring room... a bit, but no, not really...

about the only thing i really try not to do is introduce potential breeding pairs when the music is thundering

I agree totally. I was initially concerned when I put in a sub-woofer, but as thunderous as it gets, the spiders don't seem to care one bit i.e. zero reaction....there are times when opening their enclosures does invoke a reaction.

mcy

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey you never know.. they might just think its a volcano or something

guitarlust

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
my Ts display no reaction whatsoever to the music being played loud in my room. granted, that doesnt mean it doesnt bother them. i guess i should start being a little considerate of their senses, huh.

SPIDERBYTE

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Not sure about the bass, but some Ts do enjoy a good drum solo, esp. the females {D

Seriously though, my little rosea can be the typical pet rock, even when I play video games that involve racing or blowing things up (and her cage is on the same shelf as the TV) Doesnt seem to care most of the time.

However, when watching some TV shows, she seems to react to certain low frequency hums and click pulses (Sci-fi shows, espicially some episodes of Stargate SG-1 had her acting wierd -- she was raising and lowering herself on her legs almost like a car showing off a hydraulic suspension system :? :confused: )

Still, I wonder if you actually could get a T to react to a simulated male's drumming solo. :)