T's Abdomen Shrinking and Spinnerets missplaced, Help needed

Dylan Bruce

Arachnosquire
completely agree with everyone else on this thread, looks perfectly healthy to me and is a great looking T. The only thing I might add is that the Avicularia Genus was recently revised and the A. versicolour was renamed to the Caribena Versicolour. I Don't think anyone else has pointed it out but I could have missed it.

Andrea82

Arachnoemperor
Your Caribena is being a silly Caribena. This species rests/sits in poses that look incredibly uncomfortable to us. ;)
When was her last molt? She looks quite fat, but her spinnerets are okay. They can move them in all directions, and again, keep them in poses that makes us scratch our heads :p
Spraying is not really necessary, the waterdish you have provides humidity enough. But, that said, some spiders from this species are sometimes too weak to get a drink from the dish, so it's good to provide some waterdrops on their webbing after a molt.
I would add some fake leaves and branches right at the top of that bark like others suggested, they like it cluttered to have lots of anchorpoints for their web funnels. When did you get her?

Charlie White

Arachnopeon
Your Caribena is being a silly Caribena. This species rests/sits in poses that look incredibly uncomfortable to us. ;)
When was her last molt? She looks quite fat, but her spinnerets are okay. They can move them in all directions, and again, keep them in poses that makes us scratch our heads :p
Spraying is not really necessary, the waterdish you have provides humidity enough. But, that said, some spiders from this species are sometimes too weak to get a drink from the dish, so it's good to provide some waterdrops on their webbing after a molt.
I would add some fake leaves and branches right at the top of that bark like others suggested, they like it cluttered to have lots of anchorpoints for their web funnels. When did you get her?
We got her about 4 years ago, Im just a bit worried for the lil girl you know? Anyway thank you for your help, I guess ill leave her alone to see if she molts, if something happens to her ill keep you guys posted here, again, thanks for your help :)

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
We got her about 4 years ago, Im just a bit worried for the lil girl you know? Anyway thank you for your help, I guess ill leave her alone to see if she molts, if something happens to her ill keep you guys posted here, again, thanks for your help :)
She's fine, I've just had a close - up look at her abdomen, they do get in some strange positions which makes you wonder, but after thoroughly looking over the whole body there's nothing to worry about, she's a bit heavy TBH, nearing a molt would be my prognosis.

Anoplogaster

Arachnodemon
My first instinct from the images is early premolt, like others have said. When was her last molt? Also, you mentioned a bit earlier in the thread that she stopped eating after her last molt. That's normal. In fact, you shouldn't even try to feed them for a while after a molt.

She looks good from the pictures. But I understand where you're coming from. Sometimes we notice things that a camera just can't pick up, and everyone here can't see the issue you see. From our end, she looks great. But if your gut is telling you something, it's still best to keep an eye on her.

About the misting, it's not terribly necessary. In fact, too much moisture can also cause issues. Many people here, including myself, keep Avics and Caribenas in a dry environment with a full water dish and lots of cross ventilation.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
She's fine, I've just had a close - up look at her abdomen, they do get in some strange positions which makes you wonder, but after thoroughly looking over the whole body there's nothing to worry about, she's a bit heavy TBH, nearing a molt would be my prognosis.
When was her last molt, do you or your mum keep a record of her molting cycle, just wondering, as it sounds as though she's nearing a molt.