T's Abdomen Shrinking and Spinnerets missplaced, Help needed

Charlie White

Arachnopeon
Hi, my name is Charlie and im a 17 year old teen looking for help, my mum's Avicularia Versicolor's abdoment shrunk and the spinnerets are facing sideways, Ive done some research and all I could find is that the poor thing is dehydrated but Im not sure due to her spinnerets facing sideways and not backwards like they should, plus my mum always sprays water in the terrarium to simulate rain, and the T has a water bowl in the terrarium so I dont know whats wrong... My mum is really worried about her and frankly so am I. Please help me find out what's wrong with her, I appreciate all further help you guys give me, thank you for reading the thread, the picture of the T is uploaded and im sorry for the bad lighting, the pic was taken in 2 in the morning, about an hour later after this thread has been made. Again, please help me find a way to cure her, thank you in advice.

Attachments

Last edited:

nicodimus22

Arachnomancer
Arachnosupporter
The abdomen looks plump going by that photo. Give us a couple more shots from the side and top so we can see it better, please. I also can't see an issue with the spinnerets, so take more shots of that problem too.

Charlie White

Arachnopeon
The abdomen looks plump going by that photo. Give us a couple more shots from the side and top so we can see it better, please. I also can't see an issue with the spinnerets, so take more shots of that problem too.
I would if I could, like I said its 3 in the morning right now, maybe i can get her in a diffrent position but i have to wait for her to move, this is what she looked like about a week ago, her abdomen was alot bigger, ill see if i can take few more pictures.

Attachments

Charlie White

Arachnopeon
I would if I could, like I said its 3 in the morning right now, maybe i can get her in a diffrent position but i have to wait for her to move, this is what she looked like about a week ago, her abdomen was alot bigger, ill see if i can take few more pictures.
Took a few more pictures but i dont know if they would be of any help. You can see the spinnerets are a bit.. "offset"? I dont know how to explain better but if i had a better picture of her before this happend i would of posted it here but as of now this is all i have...

Attachments

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
She looks absolutely fine, the spinnerets move naturally when the spider releases silk, often when they explore they leave a trace of webbing with their spinnerets and you can see them sticking it to the ground as they walk around. Judging from the picture nothing is out of place...

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
If you post pictures of the entire setup, we can let you know if there are any obvious problems.

Charlie White

Arachnopeon
Well here is the setup, Ill also give you guys the picture of her before that my mum sent me and Ill put a pic of her now so you can compare it just to be sure. 1st pic is the setup, 2nd pic is her before this problem and 3rd pic is her now. As for the spinnerets they look normal on the pictures but in real they look missplaced or offset

Attachments

boina

Lady of the mites
Well, I looked and looked, but I agree with everyone else, I can see absolutely nothing wrong - it still looks like a perfectly healthy, plump spider :confused:.

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
It could use a few more leafy areas on top for attaching anchor webbing but the Spider itself does not seem to have any obvious ailments from the Images you have posted.

mconnachan

Arachnoprince
As all the other posts have stated the spider looks fine and healthy. Can I ask why you felt the need to query whether it was ok or not? Was there something different today than yesterday or even a week ago, it just seems a little strange pal, you obviously care for the spider, so what was it that made you post, just an observation, not a criticism, everyone here on AB is here for any problems you might encounter. The only thing I noticed in one of the pics was the abdomen looked very flat as though it had squeezed through a tight space.
Post some shots of the abdomen from top side not it's underside, maybe we'll see something, but to be honest it looks in good shape. It's the picture on it's own in 1 post.

Charlie White

Arachnopeon
As all the other posts have stated the spider looks fine and healthy. Can I ask why you felt the need to query whether it was ok or not? Was there something different today than yesterday or even a week ago, it just seems a little strange pal, you obviously care for the spider, so what was it that made you post, just an observation, not a criticism, everyone here on AB is here for any problems you might encounter. The only thing I noticed in one of the pics was the abdomen looked very flat as though it had squeezed through a tight space.
Post some shots of the abdomen from top side not it's underside, maybe we'll see something, but to be honest it looks in good shape. It's the picture on it's own in 1 post.
Im just worried about her and I really love this T, as of the pic from the top Ill take some as soon as I can, again Im just worried about her and dont want her to die, also forgot to mention that my mum told me that after her last molt she appeard to be wet? After the molt she refused to eat while before the molt she loved to eat but after the molt she just refused to eat, I did notice that when my mum sprays the terrarium with water she always drinks the water on the glass, she also used to be more chubby and webbed alot, not its like she dosent web nor eat alot. Im doing more research as we speak but thank you guys for your help, relaxes me a bit that you think she is ok, Ill keep you guys posted

WeightedAbyss75

Arachnoangel
The "wet" comment is a little off-putting, may have been a little too humid? Or it could have just been normal, looks fine to me :D From what you are saying thiugh, it almost sounds male. Doesn't look it, but usually males when mature will stop eating, webbing, and hiding to find a female. Other than that, it may just be that its metabolism has slowed down. Many T's will slow down after a certain point, so that may be the problem. Abdomen looks fine, just looks shorter and wider. As long as she does it at all and is active, she will be fine ;) T's are very strange to understand, never know exactly what they are doing or why sometimes. Great looking T though, can't wait for top-side pics :)

Nightstalker47

Arachnoking
just worried about her and dont want her to die, also forgot to mention that my mum told me that after her last molt she appeard to be wet?
Completely normal, a freshly molted T almost appears shiny, sort of like it's glistening. This only lasts a few days until it hardens up... maybe your spider is just thirsty, if she drinks as soon as you spray the glass she may be dehydrated, is the water dish easily accessible to her?

Charlie White

Arachnopeon
Completely normal, a freshly molted T almost appears shiny, sort of like it's glistening. This only lasts a few days until it hardens up... maybe your spider is just thirsty, if she drinks as soon as you spray the glass she may be dehydrated, is the water dish easily accessible to her?
Yes she does, Im going to upload a pic of her terrarium and a picture of her, wont be able to see her abdomen tho , she's either on the doors of the terrarium or in awkward positions where i cant take picures from

Attachments

darkness975

Latrodectus
Arachnosupporter +
Last picture for tonight and probably the most noticible
Looks a bit heavier than a lot of other specimens of the same species, but I am still not seeing anything strikingly wrong. If anything, all it really needs from what I can tell is some more Greenery on the top to use as anchor points for webbing.