Answered Trying (unsuccessfully) to buy some tarantulas thru classifieds -- am I doing something wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
Okay, so I am trying to buy a few slings and I'm not having any luck hearing back from the seller. Last week I found a classifieds ad and private messaged the seller telling them I was interested and asking if they still had the slings available. Haven't heard back from them, and I saw that they viewed the message, so I know it went through.

I checked their ratings/reviews page and they have lots of activity in February, positive reviews from like 8-10 days ago, so it seems like they're active and making sales at this time.

I did mention to them that it was my first time purchasing through Arachnoboards, and therefore I would appreciate a heads up if I was doing something wrong. I did try to read up on the proper etiquette/requirements but of course I could have missed something.

I set up a 'user review' for myself, but I did this after I sent the first message. Not sure if that matters.

I didn't want to be annoying/impatient but I went ahead and sent the seller a follow up message on Monday. I know sometimes I will forget about emails and find them a few days later only to realize I never responded.

Anyways, since the seller has seriously positive reviews I figured it was more likely that I've missed something along the way. I just want someone to take my money and send me some slings, dang it!

Have I missed something? Or am I just being impatient? It just seems strange that they would see the message and never even respond.

Thanks all!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
It doesn't seem like you're doing anything wrong. But just to be sure, send me a PM just so I can see that you're doing everything right. Beyond sending the seller a message, there's not much else you can do.

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
It doesn't seem like you're doing anything wrong. But just to be sure, send me a PM just so I can see that you're doing everything right. Beyond sending the seller a message, there's not much else you can do.
Okay, thank you! I know most all of us have busy lives and jobs outside of the boards, so I don't expect an instant response from sellers or anything... just wanted to make sure I wasn't running in circles for no reason because I forgot to check a box somewhere. :banghead:

I will send you a test PM right now. Thanks again!

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
Everything is working just fine. Perhaps choose another seller, or give them more time to respond? Sorry, that's about all I have for you...

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
Everything is working just fine. Perhaps choose another seller, or give them more time to respond? Sorry, that's about all I have for you...
Totally fine! Thanks for your help... glad to know I'm not missing anything. I will give it a few more days, hopefully I will hear back, if not I will move on and order from another seller. Thanks again!

Ungoliant

Malleus Aranearum
Staff member
I set up a 'user review' for myself, but I did this after I sent the first message. Not sure if that matters.
Creating a user review for yourself is only required if you want to post an ad (to sell, trade, or buy). You don't need a review page to DM responses to other people's ads, though it doesn't hurt anything to have one.

baconwrappedpikachu

Arachnosquire
Creating a user review for yourself is only required if you want to post an ad (to sell, trade, or buy). You don't need a review page to DM responses to other people's ads, though it doesn't hurt anything to have one.
Ok, that makes sense. That's what I originally thought, but wanted to have all my bases covered... thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.