Trying to keep 2 scorpions together

flijack

Arachnopeon
Hi, i have a Urodacus elongatus male and was thinking of introducing a female or another scorpion of the same species to the tank and was wondering if anyone else has had experience in this. Is it possible and if so what conditions should i use to prevent them from killing each other, my tank is 30cm by 30cm and had several places for them to hide (has a bunch of fake plants with 3 rocks for them to hide).

Staehilomyces

Arachnoprince
I don't believe that Urodacus are particularly sociable species, but from what experience I've had with U.novaehollandiae, they aren't particularly aggressive. Still, U.elongatus are pretty large scorps, so I suggest you have a larger enclosure if you wish to keep two individuals (with the aforementioned hiding places of course). Good luck!

Btw, great to see another hobbyist from Australia!

flijack

Arachnopeon
I don't believe that Urodacus are particularly sociable species, but from what experience I've had with U.novaehollandiae, they aren't particularly aggressive. Still, U.elongatus are pretty large scorps, so I suggest you have a larger enclosure if you wish to keep two individuals (with the aforementioned hiding places of course). Good luck!

Btw, great to see another hobbyist from Australia!
Ok thanks, do you have any suggestions on scorpions from Australia which are easier to keep together either in a pair or group? I want to have a go at trying to breed some haha.