Trying to find wild Scolopendra Heros

AddisonH

Arachnopeon
Wondering if anyone could point me in a good direction to find S. Heros in Colorado. From my understanding they are very rare here... Thanks!

moricollins

Arachno search engine
Old Timer
Wondering if anyone could point me in a good direction to find S. Heros in Colorado. From my understanding they are very rare here... Thanks!
Just a crazy thought, but if they're very rare where you live, why don't you just leave them be?

Bill S

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Is there a particular reason you want to collect them in Colorado? As opposed to driving south to where they may be more common?

AddisonH

Arachnopeon
Not necessarily opposed to driving somewhere else! Although something about finding a species local in your state is always cool!

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I have never heard of them being in Colorado, which is testament in of itself to their rarity. I think your best bet would go to their known range in Colorado after a rainstorm and start looking.

Thanks,

Arthroverts

AddisonH

Arachnopeon
I have never heard of them being in Colorado, which is testament in of itself to their rarity. I think your best bet would go to their known range in Colorado after a rainstorm and start looking.

Thanks,

Arthroverts
This is great advice. Thank you so much.