Trying to find a Scolopendra in Borneo

Reuben

Arachnopeon
So I have moved to Borneo and will be living here for the next 6 months, and I bought a 2ft fish tank, have filled the tank with everything a Scolopendra would need, now I just need to catch one.

I have been out for hours looking under big stones and large logs, found several Heterometrus sp. scorpions, but no Scolopendras.

Does anyone have any advice as to where I should be looking exactly? I would have assumed under log piles, fallen trees and large rocks would have been the right place but I haven't found a single one.

I live in a rural area here, close to some dense jungle areas just to let you know.

Thanks in advance for any advice on how to find one.

LeFanDesBugs

Arachnobaron
Hey. Most bornean pedes are arboreal. Try searching at night on large trunks or even near them.

Reuben

Arachnopeon
Oh really? I had no idea they were mostly arboreal. I thought of all Scolopendras as being terrestrial/burrowers.

That could explain why after hours of searching under rocks/logs and in burrows/crevices I still haven't found a single one

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Man I envy you :)

Not for the 'pede search only, but because I'm an antique/art collector, and my Borneo masks are amazing. I love those real ancient, so not the 'tourist crap' traps at all, artifacts.

Good luck for your quest :kiss: