True Spider Breeding Projects?

mantisfan101

Arachnoprince
Mostly local wolf spiders like tigrosa sp. I sometimes find females and I have 4 adult females right now and if I’m lucky I might be able to find some adult males sometime soon.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Sicarius, Loxosceles, Latrodectus elegans, tredecimguttatus, menavodi, hasselti, and so on. Maybe some wandering spiders and huntsman spiders.

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Mostly local wolf spiders like tigrosa sp. I sometimes find females and I have 4 adult females right now and if I’m lucky I might be able to find some adult males sometime soon.
How big do they get? Plan on selling or releasing back?

Sicarius, Loxosceles, Latrodectus elegans, tredecimguttatus, menavodi, hasselti, and so on. Maybe some wandering spiders and huntsman spiders.
Busy year for you. My haematostoma matured so let me know if you need him. My female is behind, waiting on her to molt one more time.

NYAN

Arachnoking
Busy year for you. My haematostoma matured so let me know if you need him. My female is behind, waiting on her to molt one more time.
I have a supposed AF coming in. Do you need a male M. kingsleyi by any chance?

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I've got 3 female Missulena Bradleyi that (hopefully) have all paired successfully. If they don't just eat eggsacks, I believe I'll be the first person to captive breed them so that'll be pretty cool. It will also be interesting to see if the slings will try ballooning like M.Occatoria (mouse spiders are one of the only primitive spiders that have ballooning slings, but this has not yet been officially proved with M.Bradleyi)

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I've got 3 female Missulena Bradleyi that (hopefully) have all paired successfully. If they don't just eat eggsacks, I believe I'll be the first person to captive breed them so that'll be pretty cool. It will also be interesting to see if the slings will try ballooning like M.Occatoria (mouse spiders are one of the only primitive spiders that have ballooning slings, but this has not yet been officially proved with M.Bradleyi)
Interesting part about the ballooning. Are you pulling the sacs or leaving them with mom?

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
I'm hoping to try out breeding some rabid wolf spiders myself. Jumping spiders, too, if I could find any local spp. I thiiiink I may have lucked out and caught a mature male and female Rabidosa rabida, but I'm not entirely sure and would hate to throw an immature female in with my big gal.

Also hoping to breed my heteropoda javana slings in the future, if I'm extremely lucky. Totally fell in love with them.

I had to remove the wood I gave them to hide under, but here are my two wolves.

Screenshot_20190520-214637.png

Last edited:

checkmate

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I'm hoping to try out breeding some rabid wolf spiders myself. Jumping spiders, too, if I could find any local spp. I thiiiink I may have lucked out and caught a mature male and female Rabidosa rabidosa, but I'm not entirely sure and would hate to throw an immature female in with my big gal.

Also hoping to breed my heteropoda javana slings in the future, if I'm extremely lucky. Totally fell in love with them.
You have any pictures of the rabidosas? Maybe someone can confirm for you. I'm not too familiar with Lycosidae tbh.

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
And here we go!

My female
Screenshot_20190520-215557.png Screenshot_20190520-215547.png

My supposed male hopefully not either an immature female and/or different subspecies. I'm fairly sure it's a boy? I used to see them all the time as a kid.

Screenshot_20190520-215521.png Screenshot_20190520-215310.png

RezonantVoid

Hollow Knight
I'll probably leave them in as I have no clue how easy it is to make the females change their minds about keeping the sacs. Plus, they are are medically significant and have probably the largest fang size to body size ratio of any spider. My biggest girl almost snapped a icecream stick in half once

Rhino1

Arachnobaron
I will be aiming at breeding deinopis again, I have 10 slings I kept from last year's effort and i have a 12 month old female who hopefully makes it through our winter as she is an outside bloodline, I've really fallen in love with these guys in the last few years.
My golden trapdoor that recently had a sac decided to lose the plot and eat and destroy her eggsac and partly destroyed her burrow too, so will be looking for a male to try with another F I have.
Maybe will see how my lichen huntsmans go and see if I end up with a pair. My wife banned me from breeding anymore scorps after a very successful season which has resulted in around 100 new scorplings joining team Rhino.

Garetyl

Arachnoknight
And I just found out that my "male" Rabidosa is a female, but I did a bit of digging around and found a few juvies and an actual male.

I'm not sure if I'll need him and may release, as my two mature females are hefty and ravenous and refused his advances.

Can't complain just have to wait and see. I was planning on releasing my wc adults once I have independent slings anyways. Along with most of their young.

Below is the now thicc "male", who I think may be a different subspecies. They're actually pretty fun to keep.

Screenshot_20190523-210340.png

Venom1080

Arachnoemperor
I catch a bunch of salticidae and Lycosidae every spring. They generally lay in captivity and I release the babies. Jumpers I rehouse mom and let the babies disperse outside. Lycosidae I release when the babies are on mom's back
IMG_20190522_223533_785.jpg
IMG_20190522_223533_784.jpg
(First molts)