True green t's???

Arachnos482

Arachnosquire
It's a question that's been bugging me for a while. How many green tarantula species are there, if any? Has anybody else ever found a green species?

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
How green do you want? H. incei is pretty green. P. cambridgei is a nice olive green. Several species of Avicularia look black but have green irridescence under direct light. Uhmmm... some Poecilotheria have green highlights.

Arachnos482

Arachnosquire
Thanks for the info on the t's moltar, the H. incei is a nice green, but i'm looking for a t that's grass green, the color of spring grass shoots, is there such a color variance in any sp.? I know it's a long shot, but hey i got to ask...

jbm150

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thanks for the info on the t's moltar, the H. incei is a nice green, but i'm looking for a t that's grass green, the color of spring grass shoots, is there such a color variance in any sp.? I know it's a long shot, but hey i got to ask...
Grass green? I don't think so, would be cool though. My cambridgei is pretty green, but its a golden,mossy green. Rufis get pretty green, as well as ornatas sometimes

Moltar

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
There are true spiders that can be the kind of green you mean, like this green lynx spider, but I'm not aware of any T's that are that kind of green. Because part of being a tarantula is being covered in hair, they usually just don't have that sort of brilliant coloration. Also they're nocturnal so camouflage isn't really an issue.

kevin1995

Arachnopeon
Woohoo thats an awesom looking metallica!

From my experience, MM Lampropelma violaceopes gets as green as a T could get.

ZergFront

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Psalmopoeus cambridgei, Poecilotheria rufilata and P. ornata are pretty green.

Psalmopoeus reduncus slings have a green sheen like E. uatuman but I don't think that color fallows them to adulthood..

JDeRosa

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
There is something called the Carlsbad Green. I haven't seen them around in a REALLY long time.

Arachnos482

Arachnosquire
I must thank each and every one that has replied to my question, although there is no true green t, i did find sp. that others suggested that are very beautiful, and i will now go about researching the one's i like.

Thanks A mil guys!!!!