true confessions (or, I'm a dork)

SkyeSpider

Spider Queen
Old Timer
Don't feel bad about rescuing those cuties. You did a very good thing :) I've done it, myself, on numorous occations.

About pet shops never being able to care for animals: I worked for a semi-major pet shop chain (Jack's Aquarium & Pets in Ohio and Florida). When I worked there, all of the reptiles and spiders were PERFECTLY cared for. That said, since I left them about three weeks ago, the spiders are looking worse and worse. Only one other person there knew how to care for them.

Maybe I should open my own pet shop. I could sell reptiles, spiders, and amphibians :)

-Bryan

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Yeah, I actually decided to "save" a curly hair from Petco today. For $30, I'm hoping it's a female because that's a little on the costly side.

(omfg, they wanted $99 for B. Smithis! They were nice enough to put them on sale next week for $49.99 when the store down the road has them for sale at 44.95 at all times.)

Well, it's a 5 - 6 inch spider, making it my largest currently and it's abdomen is probably the same size, if not smaller than my barely-3-inch rosie.

Oddly enough, there was some girl there (the one who got it out of the container) who claimed to have a lot of T's at home. If they have someone working there who owns Ts, why can't they keep their T's in good condition? This one even has a bald spot on it.

redbadger

Arachnopeon
I found my way into a rescue today...resulting in two more rosies and a cobalt blue ...total cost to the very happy me...20.00...The deal was way worth it.... just to give them fresh water from a dish and not a cotton ball....and I delighted in removing the Cobalt from the sandy substrate....I swear I just went to buy crickets!:cool:
PS...One day I will learn to spell and proof read:8o

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
well, I am pleased to say that both versis are eating like little pigs! I checked the fangs of the one that molted, and they were completely black. He/She has eaten 2 crickets already today :)
The other one has eaten 4 crickets, and shows no sign of slowing...no telling how long they went w/o food, or water.
Looks like they are both going to be fine.
I now need to find a source of frozen pinkies other than Petco, since I have to walk right by the spiders to order pinkies from them.
anyone have a website to order frozen pinkies from? (this is for my snake, not the tarantulas!)
thanks,
Holley

Valael

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
My Curly is an f'ing cow! 3 crickets the second day. Fuzzy the next, and more crickets today.

Abodomen has doubled in size though..