Trouble??

nuclear_zombies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
My adult male emperor is having periodic spasms,about every 20 seconds or so. It seems to have stopped for now. Is this something I should be worried about?

Mr. Mordax

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Does he have a girlfriend in the tank? My male did something like that when I reintroduced him to my female.

I think I've also heard something about emps getting the shakes when they approach the end of their lifespans . . . :( I hope yours doesn't have scorpion-parkinson's!

nuclear_zombies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
hmmmm, the first possibility seems to fit. I put him in the 20g, with another adult male, and female. They seem to get along fine, and have enough places to hide alone.... I dont think it's old age, He's been an adult less than a year. The shaking looks kinda freaky..... Well, as I was typing, the shaky one grabbed a cricket and is currently chowing down.... Anybody else seen Emperors shake like this?

nuclear_zombies

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The vid wont play for me Thaedion...... It's also a male that's doing the shaking. Other than the shaking, he seems to be doing fine. It could have something to do with the fact he's never met anyone of his species for quite sometime until yesterday, at least to my knowledge. Still, I'd like to know what these "spasms are all about. Could you post a direct link to the video??

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I've had a couple of emps do this. Never checked if they were the males doing it but I have seen it for sure. There all still alive and no mating of any kind. :(