Trouble with my Avic. Pinktoe

Austin

Arachnosquire
Hey guys, I have had my little Pink Toe for about3-4 months. It has made a home web in any means and im wondering why that is. Also it seems to be having trouble staying on the sides of the cage, only when i feed it. I can usure you its not the temp/humid those are golden. I don't know what else would be stressing it out.

I only refering to my pink toe as an it cuz dont know if its a he/she.

NikiP

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Is it actually eating? I would suspect it's close to premolt as they tend to not stick as well.

AbraCadaver

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Ok, first off; are you trying to say it hasn't made a home? If so, many avics only do this when they are ready to molt/lay a sac/make a spermweb.

As far as the other "problem" this often happens to arboreals when they are nearing a molt. Their feet gets less sticky. This often happens before the refusal of food. It will also appear drunk-ish later on, all a part of the molting process. :)

Austin

Arachnosquire
It is eating, i keep waitin for the day he will turn down food. he has only done it once or twice then i just put a little Dubia in there and the next morn it gone or still in being eatin. And from what i have seen on other avic's they "like" to web. My freind actually got an Avic. pinky same week as me and his has webbed up a fort in the top corner. Not saying my T is lame or anything i wouldn't trade him for anything.
Maybe he just figures he doesn't need a web to catch his prey since i keep serving it up to him.