Trouble with exo-terra nano tall

zxneon

Arachnosquire
Trouble with exo-terra nano tall enclosure for tegenaria atrica .
She makes web funnel on top part of that foam background . And crickets hide above foam and spider cant get them from there .(driving me nuts , and probably her to) what i should do about it ? I`m thinking about removing foam background and putting some hole like decoration on substrate so she can make funnel there .
That foam thingy is glued there and i feel real bad bout destroying her funnel up there .
What do you think ? How to proceed ?

TarantulasWorld

Arachnosquire
Usually the foam background is not glued. Did you glue it there? I have removed all foam backgrounds from my exo terras and simply cut bark to size for each enclosure enduring a tight fit with no space for anything to hide behind it. Good luck!

Kymura

Arachnoknight
Don't have any of these type enclosures so a shot in the dark, but is it possible to simply fill the gap? Aquarium silicone or hot glue?

Chris LXXIX

ArachnoGod
Well, I have to tell you, sometimes, the "less" in spiders enclosures, the better. IMO especially when it comes to "native of our nations" spiders like genus Tegenaria. I mean, those are WC, a normal little/medium KK with substrate, a piece of cork bark and a micro sized water dish is pure gold, if compared to their WC life. Also those "enter number-Oz" plastic enclosures that Americans use are fine.

Last edited:

Meng Lee Khaw

Arachnopeon
what is your background inside ? corck plate ?
who lives inside ?
Yeah, its a cork bark tile from Zoo Med. Just do a "Zoo Med Cork Tile" search and you'll find them being sold on Amazon, eBay, etc They'll have the sizes to fit into most terrariums. In the case of the Nano, I got a 30cm x 30cm tile and cut it to fit.

This particular terrarium is for my Avicularia sp Kolumbien.