Tropical white dwarf woodlice

Bread

Arachnopeon
Are these any good for Stirmi's clean up crew?
My local place has run out of springtails but has these guys in stock, I was wondering if anyone's used them before?

EulersK

Arachnonomicon
Staff member
I've only kept one species of isopod so far (P. scaber), but I've found that they're a terrible cleanup crew unless you've got live plants. They don't really eat mold and fungus, at least not nearly at the level springtails do. They seem to prefer decaying plant matter.

They always, always end up dying when I seed an enclosure. Springtails thrive, but with no plant matter the isopods starve.

vespers

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
http://arachnoboards.com/threads/dw...ime-choice-for-tarantula-housekeeping.219525/

I currently keep Trichorhina tomentosa in my dart frog and gecko vivs (as well as springtails and other isos) and not in any of my current T enclosures, though I have kept them in tarantula enclosures in the past without issues. They are detritivores, and will munch on other things besides decaying plant matter too, including things like animal feces, dead cricket parts, insect remains, boluses, etc.

Bread

Arachnopeon
Thanks folks :)
It appears my google-fu sucks, i did search honest lol.
I grabbed a tub so ill see whatthey do, can always stick some springies in later if needed.

Rittdk01

Arachnoknight
I added both to my s tirmis tank. The isopods don't do nearly what the springtails do. If there's something nasty in th e tank, Iran covered in springtails.

Bread

Arachnopeon
Iran covered in springtails :p nice thought, you should pass that onto the US Military :p