Tropical Species

Poonjab

Arachnoking
i was asking this because I saw a thread saying that the tropical species need higher temps and i got really confused lol
Keep them all at room temp and then you have to worry about nothing.

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Google "Tropical climate". Wikipedia has a pretty good description of it. Not all tarantulas are "tropical", only ones that are from tropical climates are. Tarantulas are found in sub tropical, montane, and temperate regions as well.

maddog1219

Arachnosquire
Google "Tropical climate". Wikipedia has a pretty good description of it. Not all tarantulas are "tropical", only ones that are from tropical climates are. Tarantulas are found in sub tropical, montane, and temperate regions as well.
so then my LP would be considered tropical?

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
If your T comes from the area between the Tropic of Cancer and the Tropic of Capricorn it is a Tropical T. Most of the rest are sub tropical with a few in the temperate zones

Jesse607

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
so then my LP would be considered tropical?
Yes, however be aware that there are different types of tropical climates that the article mentions. Tropical Rainforest, Tropical Desert, Tropical Savanna, Wet/Dry tropical, Monsoon Tropics, etc.

Matt Man

Arachnoprince
Yes, however be aware that there are different types of tropical climates that the article mentions. Tropical Rainforest, Tropical Desert, Tropical Savanna, Wet/Dry tropical, Monsoon Tropics, etc.
yes, important. All of the Brachypelma Genus live in the Tropics but most are in Tropical Savannah areas