Tropical isopods

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
(Hopefully I'm posting this in the right category) I'm looking to start a small isopod culture, I want to put some in my tanks to help keep them clean. I need a tropical species because my tank stays at 85-75 degrees and at 70-80% humidity. What would be a good species of isopod to keep under these conditions?

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Trichorhina tomentosa (micro white woodlouse) is tropical, prolific, and great at keeping things clean. They should work very well for you. They are usually fairly inexpensive and easy to find as well.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
Trichorhina tomentosa (micro white woodlouse) is tropical, prolific, and great at keeping things clean. They should work very well for you. They are usually fairly inexpensive and easy to find as well.
Thank you for the reply, do you know where I could order some from. I've looked around and can't seem to find any.

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Thank you for the reply, do you know where I could order some from. BI've looked around and can't seem to find any.
Bugsincyberspace should have them, many dart frog companies have them too...for that matter, I have plenty. The only problem is that they are sensitive to cold temperatures, so this isn't the easiest season in which to ship them.

Christianb96

Arachnoknight
I found some purple dwarf isopods on there and I'm going to overnight them with a heat pack! I'm pretty excited!

Aquarimax

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
I found some purple dwarf isopods on there and I'm going to overnight them with a heat pack! I'm pretty excited!
Dwarf purples are another good choice. I didn't mention them because they are slightly less common, but I keep those too...they should do very well for you too.