Tropical House Cricket with "Bubble" on back?

Geoff Armentrout

Arachnopeon
I did some searching for various things such as parasites, cysts, etc,. but came up empty handed. I found a cricket in my cricket bin with a clear-ish bubble on it's back not sure what it is I can't get a clear photo or I would post it. The cricket is 1/2" in size maybe a little bigger and the bubble is about 1/8" in diameter.

Anyone encountered this?

Thanks,
Geoff

billrogers

Arachnoknight
My guess is some sort of molting disformation, but pics really would help

Geoff Armentrout

Arachnopeon
I have no idea, but I'd put it in quarantine.
I can't seem to locate the little bugger. I didn't remove it mainly because nothing I've read on parasites had any symptom like this. Not only that but all 250 of the 1/4" I bought 3 weeks ago came from the same dealer same batch and this is the only one that has this I would imagine that 1/250 is highly unlikely to be infected with anything. So if it is, it's a colony I would need to destroy as 1/250 is also an unlikely number if indeed infected. But that's just my assumptions.

I'll try if I can find it again the one's I had taken were awful and did not show. It's so small and I don't have very steady hands to use high zoom. Not much of a photographer.

My guess is some sort of molting disformation, but pics really would help
This was one of my theories as I stated above no parasitic symptoms I've read up on had this. I thought it was a bite near a spiracle after molt where the Hemolymph bubbled around it. Another thought was I use water crystals but the bubble is to spherical and I would have imagined it wouldn't have adhered as long as it has though I could be wrong. As I stated I will try to get a pic if I can locate it again.

Thanks,
Geoff

JumpingSpiderLady

Arachnobaron
I can't seem to locate the little bugger. I didn't remove it mainly because nothing I've read on parasites had any symptom like this. Not only that but all 250 of the 1/4" I bought 3 weeks ago came from the same dealer same batch and this is the only one that has this I would imagine that 1/250 is highly unlikely to be infected with anything. So if it is, it's a colony I would need to destroy as 1/250 is also an unlikely number if indeed infected. But that's just my assumptions.
I only keep a couple dozen at a time, so trouble locating it didn't occur to me.