tropical duel species death.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Okay after my ant attack a while back I decided to move my (2)emps and (2) H.spins. to an empty tank with just some heat and water and still fed them untill I could get the tank cleared of all pest. Well I've been busy so after a few days I saw one of the forest scorps was dead. Which sucked because it was my favorite one. The next day the next spinifer died and it left me with 2 emps. I realized that these guys don't have much tolerance to being outside their enviroment like the emps do but I decided to buy some new substrate and put the emps back in their inclosure. Well A few days ago I realized well 3 days ago I bought another 3 H.spinifers to replace my other 2 and and before I put them in the tank I saw one of my emps starting to walk very slow and the other one was still as active. I looked over the scorps making sure there was no fighting and all seemed good. Today I wake up and see the slow emp is practicly dead it still moves it's legs but does't go anywhere and the other emp was next to the heat pad looking very alive. I was wrong it died with a curled tail. So now all my original scorps are gone. The biggest one seemed to be dying of old age because he has no wounds from the new scorps. And the other dead one had a lot of build up in it's anus. SO it doesn't look like a case of cannibalism. (or attempted cannibalism). Really sucks.

compnerd7

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
WOW that is a huge stroke of bad luck! Sorry for all your losses, looks like some scorps don't take change very well, good thing to remeber next time

Hope all goes well with ur new scorps tho!

Rigelus

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I had the same sort of thing happen with a pair of H.cyanae.
They had been kept together since i had them (a year) without any problems whatsoever.
A few weeks ago i decided to clean out their house so i put them into individual containers while i done it however i accidently broke dropped the terrarium onto the floor...smash!!
I was coincidently picking up some more terrariums 3 days after this happen so i left them housed individually until i got them something new to go in.
3 days later i put them together again and straight away there was a lot of vibrating from the larger of the 2.
I naively thought that they just needed to settle down and then they'd be alright.
The next day i found the remains of the smaller scorp laying on the substrate.

I mean, they had been together for a year but only a 3 day break was needed to alienate them from each other.

~Abyss~

Arachnoking
Old Timer
Theres no signs of aggresion toward each other I first I tought it would be to much of a coincidence but it's really not. My spinifers died because plain and simple I killed by keeping them away from what their accoustumed to. My larger P.imp (just barely) died because of a combination of stress from the move and old age. The smaller had a lot of crust around the anus which blocked out any waste.