trio of french students caught collecting insects in india

tacoma0680

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the info I always look for people who are doing this illegal and you never hear of them but you know that their are many who do it.

mr.wilderness

Arachnosquire
Old Timer
The moral of this story: Always have you're permit on you. I wonder if that kind of stuff is illegal here too and just nobody enforces it, or if it just applies to the endangered buggers (which we don't have a whole lot of that are well known, i dont think)?

Matt K

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
The USDA and APHIS websites offer loads of info on this subject.

Black Widow88

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Thanks for the info I always look for people who are doing this illegal and you never hear of them but you know that their are many who do it.
I agree! Like many places have certain species protected by law so I hope that people will do some thing to keep the insects in thriving numbers and keep the illegal collectors at bay. You never know what they're up to. It's really sad to see people doing this illegal or not.

They should have some control over themselves if they're licensed collectors IMO. And they should make a law about showing a license that you're working with the insects for studying purposes and aren't just there to collect them and sell them for money.

Personally I don't see the harm in collecting a few insects but people go over board and that's what bothers me. We're loosing some really beautiful and important species due to people's greediness. If it is for studying then I say there should be a limit to how many each person can have.

Black Widow88