Trinidad Chevron

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
I am looking forward to getting this T, i need some info, pics, where you got yours from, ect, Thanks,

James

arachnopunks

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
We have 3 right now, soon to be only 2 :). They are really unique spiders. The cool thing about Psalmopeous sp. is that they are almost right in between old world and new world arboreals in many ways. They are considered to be a New World species, but they lack urticating hairs. They are much faster and a bit more "agressive" than most other new world arboreals, but not nearly to the extent of their Old World cousins. They have some of the brightest irrisescent foot pads that I have ever seen on a tarantula. Although they are arboreal, the ones I have had seem to build web tunnels toward the back of the enclosures or on the bottom. They are really an interesting spider top keep. Our adult female is the 2nd most noticed tarantula in our collection next to our T. blondi. She is really quite large and the long hairs on her legs really make her look bulkier. We just had one of the spiderlings we raised reach his ultimate male molt, so hopefully we will have some breeding pix up soon. My only warning on this species is: respect the speed, as with most arboreals.

minax

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
hey James ! I have a trinidad chev. I do not have pics yet, but it is a incredible spider for the price. Mine is about 8 months old, poss. female, and gold and bronze with orange stripes. He looks very beautiful and is always out usually. Not only is he blazing fast, but he is as aggressive and fearless as they come! When I moved it a couple of months ago, first he tried to hide, then as his castle he made started to collapse he came toward me and charged the water bottle I used as a funnel to catch him. I tried to prod him with a paint brush; he decided if he was going to be in danger, he/she would fight to the death instead of being passive during the move! Very majestic animal, Reminds me of other predators such as lions. Otherwise it is fairly calm/fearless! One of my absolute favorites! It is about 4 " now and eats like crazy. You have to respect a T that will face you when in danger. Although usually calm and confident, it is as aggressive as any T I have seen when it feels threatened!:D

jwb121377

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
I got mine at a reptile show in Virginia, from Wade. Here is a pic of my adult.

Attachments

Last edited:

Immortal_sin

Arachnotemptress
Old Timer
here's Willow

may he RIP....and hopefully the female will produce an eggsac....

Last edited:

Gillian

Arachnoblessed
Old Timer
Holley,
I like the climbing branch..*lol*

Peace,
Gillian

Tarantula Lover

Psalmopoeus Lover
Old Timer
Re: here's Willow

Originally posted by Immortal_sin
may he RIP....and hopefully the female will produce an eggsac....
WOW! Let me know if she produces an eggsac!(i really want one!!) Great Pics Holley and Jeremy! Thanks,

James