Trinidad Cheveron (Psalmopoeus cambridgei)

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
Trinidad Cheveron (Psalmopoeus cambridgei) ???

What's that stats on these handsome looking T's

Are they easy to take care of ? Freaky aggressive ?

The look REALLY cool !

green_bottle_04

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Trinidad Cheveron (Psalmopoeus cambridgei) ???

What's that stats on these handsome looking T's

Are they easy to take care of ? Freaky aggressive ?

The look REALLY cool !
yeah, they are pretty easy to care for. not overly aggressive either in my experience.

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I want one too. I will be looking at a female this weekend at the AllAnimalExpo in Wheaton Il. on Saturday.

xgrafcorex

Thread Killer
Old Timer
they are fairly large..i guess i've read up to 7" i have a mature male that is only 5" and a female that is about half an inch or so larger..not sure how much growing she has to do though..shes a pretty new member of the crew.

they are pretty easy to care for...a bit skittish..and sometimes i've seen my male freak out randomly. other times, he seems pretty mellow.

if you've had some time under your belt with keeping tarantulas, and particularly some faster species..you will do just fine keeping this species. maybe even start off with a smaller one to get used to that particular one as it gets older.

ShadowBlade

Planeswalker
Old Timer
Yeah, they're not bad as far as aggression, they are quite speedy though.
Definately awesome looking T's, get around 6".

-Sean

syndicate

Arachnoemperor
Old Timer
very cool species.prob one of the fastest growing t's i have.temperment wise id say my female is a bit psycho.gotta be careful when watering.she will often throw threat displays and try to attack the air lol.psalms are prob my favorite nw aboreal.shes out of her hide all the time and doesnt web the tank up as much as the irminia ive kept so they make a good display spider.

tmanjim

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I actually did pick up a 4 1/2 inch female on Saturday. She is beautiful. Very fast. Had to be a little careful when rehousing, but she settled in right away and gobbled up 3 crickets.

Nitibus

Arachnodemon
Old Timer
I actually did pick up a 4 1/2 inch female on Saturday. She is beautiful. Very fast. Had to be a little careful when rehousing, but she settled in right away and gobbled up 3 crickets.
Do you have any pics ?