Trenor's General Photo Thread

Trenor

Arachnoprince
I've been taking a lot of non tarantula related photos and some have been mixing in with my tarantula photo thread. I'm going to keep most of those separate from now on in this new thread.

I like walking around and taking photos of things I see. I do a lot of plant and people photos.

The Dogwoods were all blooming and a lot of fun to shoot.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Butterflies, bumble bees and green files were out working the flowers today.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Well, last weekend I took some more photos at a local park/gardens. It was a nice day out and there was a lot to photograph.

The stream and water area.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Some of the flowers were in bloom.

And my favorite was this old-timey white rose. Most people wouldn't even know it was a rose looking at it. My Mom used to have a pink one just like it when I was a kid.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Here are some purple irises with a little something extra.
Full size.

Slightly to the side and zoomed in some.

Cropped to get closer. :D

It was pretty fun just to get out and take photos on a nice day. Enjoy.

schmiggle

Arachnoking
These are very nice! I actually prefer wild-type roses to the cultivated kind, I think.

That heron is a statue, right?

Trenor

Arachnoprince
These are very nice! I actually prefer wild-type roses to the cultivated kind, I think.

That heron is a statue, right?
I like the old timey roses a lot. My Mom used to have several of them in the yard when I was a kid. She had one that had tiny pinkish white rose blooms in clusters like babies breath.

Yes, the heron is a sculpted water piece that is part of the water area in the gardens. It stands over a large koi pond at the end of the stream that passes thru the whole gardens. The bronze girl is one of 20 or so bronze children that "play" throughout the gardens. It's a nice place to spend an afternoon.

Trenor

Arachnoprince
Well, I got a new tripod in yesterday and a cheap set of ND filters so I hit up my favorite gear testing area at the local gardens. The tripod worked excellent and was light/very sturdy. Much nicer than the old heavy one I've had for years. The ND filters were a lot of fun to play with. I might have to save up for a high-quality full set.

Here are a few water shots I took.

This one was taken in moving water but the ND filter + longer shutter makes it look still and gives a nice reflection.