Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Travel?

Discussion in 'Tarantula Questions & Discussions' started by Emily Burrow, Dec 5, 2018.

1. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

Advertisement
    As far as I know, there are no more DOA in the Netherlands than in the US, despite the packaging being minimal. If a breeder has a DOA too often, he's out of business pretty fast.
    Maybe the packages go through more hands in the US? Or are mailmen just waaayyy rougher over there?

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Chris LXXIX

Chris LXXIX ArachnoGod Active Member

It's because you didn't see how I've packed those 26 pedelings of my brood or how @KezyGLA packs and ships.

We are Pro, my man. God damn it Pros :writer:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. I have seen very shabby packing from Poland a couple times but thats it. Most European packing is spot on.

Parcels are in transit for up to 5 days (when coming from another country) and arrive just fine. Unlike US which use overnight

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. cold blood

cold blood Moderator Staff Member

Overnight is common, but spring through fall 2-3 day shipping is also pretty common...still less than 5 though.

5. Andrea82

Andrea82 Arachnoking Active Member

Poland packages can be a hit or very miss. I've had slings arrive in a dram vial wrapped in one layer of news paper, a layer of aluminium foil, and a layer of brown packaging paper. It was in transit for five days... I was very lucky the sking arrived alive and well :eek:

• Funny Funny x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.