Hello there, why not take a few seconds to register on our forums and become part of the community? Just click here.

Trapdoor video (Gorgyrella sp.)

Discussion in 'Other Spiders & Arachnids' started by danfekar, Mar 7, 2004.

1. danfekar

danfekar Arachnosquire Old Timer

Advertisement
    Sure thing, but it's not very exciting though. She is currently living in a vase on my dinner-table.
    Always popular when guests ask why I have soil and dry leaves in a vase. This topic usually rises during dinner, but no one has lost his/her appetite up until now, lol.

Attached Files:

2. WithCerberus

WithCerberus Arachnoknight Old Timer

Not exciting?!? That is such a cool idea. By far the coolest kitchen decoration I have ever seen. I may have to steal your idea when I get my Gorgyrella sp. Although my girlfriend may not be so excited about it. Oh well right {D
    Bobby

3. chris73

chris73 Arachnoknight

I know this is an old thread, but WOW! Great stuff! How is that spider doing?

4. cacoseraph

cacoseraph ArachnoGod Old Timer

oh great... now the trap door itch is back... must get trap... door....

awesome movie, thanks a lot

5. Arach-attack

Arach-attack Arachnosquire Old Timer

Thanks for the video. :clap:

6. prang11

prang11 Arachnobaron Old Timer

Thats amazing. sweet video, keep them coming.

7. conipto

conipto ArachnoPrincess Old Timer

Awesome vid.

Bill

8. Predator

Predator Arachnobaron Old Timer

Thats just plain cool.

9. siucfi

siucfi Arachnobaron Old Timer

That was awsome I may have to invest in one of them!

10. Anthony

Anthony Arachnoknight Old Timer

Very good and thank you.

11. P. Novak

P. Novak ArachnoGod Old Timer

very old thread, i must say the vid is sooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

now i cant wait till i get my trapdoors!!! ahhh

hows the spider doing now?

12. parabuthus

parabuthus Arachnodemon Old Timer

Awesome video :clap:.

13. Tarantula_Hawk

Tarantula_Hawk Arachnobaron Old Timer

REALLY REALLY REALLY COOL MAN :clap:

14. danfekar

8 years have passed, and I figured it was time for an update :D

This lady is still going strong. I bought her in february 2002, so it'a approaching ten years in my care. She has molted once as far as I know (probably several times, but i've only observed the shed exuvium once), but has not grown noticeably in size.

This short clip was shot a couple of months ago - download.

• Like Like x 1
  15. catfishrod69

catfishrod69 Arachnoemperor

very cool stuff. that's crazy to have her that long, for a true spider. i got one that was five years old, and had to rehouse her, and once i did she wouldnt reburrow. she just sat around and died. now i have a red and black Gorgyrella sp. the red eats very well, and the black one never eats. i love looking down their burrows at how the lining of the burrow looks. thanks for an amazing update.

16. terancheped42

terancheped42 Arachnosquire

awesome videos i would love to have a trap door spider sometime but i like spiders that i can see lol

17. danfekar

Thx, yes I'm amazed that she's still with me. Even though they're mygalomorphs, hence not true spiders, but still wouldn't expect her to last this long. I think it was touch and go for about two months last year when she refused to feed and burrow, and got weaker by the day. Suddenly she just had a change of mind and made her den.
    I don't see the problem. You see it everytime you feed it. Just make sure you don't blink :D

18. Awesome videos, pictures, and information! Bravo sir!:clap:

~Dano

19. Oreo

Oreo Arachnocookie

Maybe your black spidey lives on the despair of the critters you toss in there...these trapdoors look quick!

20. danfekar

Got my hands on a cheap 120fps point and shoot, and fortunately the spider was up for a snack. It looks like the meal almost gets away this time, but she reels it in anyway. Clip here :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.