Trapdoor Sling Recommendations

pandaking

Arachnopeon
Hi everyone, I have a cyclocosmia sling at 0.25” who (I think) has been eating. I crush the heads of small mealworms, leave them on the trapdoor’s burrow, and leave for my partner’s apartment for the night (so that my kicking in my sleep doesn’t freak it out so it won’t eat). I know that the sling has been moving it around since, well, the mealworm has changed positions since it stopped moving for me. I’ve found a mealworm that looked to be eaten, but I’m still anxious about whether or not she’s been eating. I’ve been thinking about getting pinhead crickets, but the minimum I can buy online is 50 and once the crickets mature, I have one sling that might be able to eat them? but not very often or it’ll get too fat. I’ve also been thinking about confused flour beetles, but I’m nervous that they’d burrow and I’d have to crush their heads and my trapdoor might not be able to find them since they wouldn’t vibrate as much due to their size once they die. Does anyone have any advice on another feeder, or I should just keep doing what I’ve been doing and trust that my spider will figure out how to eat when it’s hungry?

CRX

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
Do you not have any location nearby you can buy crickets by the dozen? Almost all pet shops in my area (central KY) offer crickets for like $1-2 a dozen.

pandaking

Arachnopeon
Do you not have any location nearby you can buy crickets by the dozen? Almost all pet shops in my area (central KY) offer crickets for like $1-2 a dozen.
Not anywhere that sells pinhead crickets/crickets small enough for a 0.25" spider to take. I rely exclusively on public transportation and I live in a small city in central VA, so my range of pet shops is limited.

Tarantuland

Arachnoprince
try dubia or red runner nymphs...you can pinch the head of those too. Or black soldier fly larvae