Trap Doors

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
Awesome pics guys!!!:clap:

I don't own one and never have but I suggest just throwing the food in there. If I'm not mistaken, they have trip lines that tell them if something edible is crawling around on the surface.

Good luck with feeding and tell us how it goes :)
Liphistius makes the trip lines, but all of the mygalomorph traps I know of just rely on vibrations.

Pulk

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
when a mommy trapdoor and a daddy trapdoor love each other very much...

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
when a mommy trapdoor and a daddy trapdoor love each other very much...
Oh yeah, then what? {D

I don't think I posted these here yet, so..
Gorgyrella sp.

Liphistius murphyorum

dragontears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
This is probably a dumb question, but do male trapdoors have hooks and if so, how dominant are they? My L. malayanus was viewable last night and it seemed like he had bulbs on his palps, but it was hard to get a good view. I could see his legs pretty well and I couldn't see any hooks. Do I have a boy?

P. Novak

ArachnoGod
Old Timer
This is probably a dumb question, but do male trapdoors have hooks and if so, how dominant are they? My L. malayanus was viewable last night and it seemed like he had bulbs on his palps, but it was hard to get a good view. I could see his legs pretty well and I couldn't see any hooks. Do I have a boy?
I would say no, but I'm not entirely sure. If you could, can you disturb him for a bit, take him out, and snap some pictures.

dragontears

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
I would say no, but I'm not entirely sure. If you could, can you disturb him for a bit, take him out, and snap some pictures.
What kind of pics do you want? I have these at the moment, I can get more...assuming he'll cooperate...if I know exactly what you want.

froggyman

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
looks a whole lot larger in that pic. How big are the fangs on the malaysian species??

dtknow

Arachnoking
Old Timer
cute Texas trapdoor. Considering how vulnerable they are outside the burrow they have good reason to be feisty! This one was repeatedly biting at the tweezers.

hamfoto

Arachnoangel
Old Timer
he's not too big...maybe 3 inches...and that's mostly legs
He looks to be mature...he's probably out wanting to wander and look for females...
Check to see if you the "boxing gloves" and if so...find a female for him! WE REALLY NEED TO BREED THESE IN CAPTIVITY! There will not be WC imports anymore...

Chris