Trap Doors

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer

I do have 2 extras that I will put up for sale or trade soon. I did some reading on these guys and apparently they have no venom:? so I guess they over power the food items and watching them eat is a treat

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
thats very interesting.. no venom? seems to be a strange thing to lose.. do your make those radiating trip lines?

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
yes they do, it seems the bigger the floor space the longer the lines

Botar

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
Where did you get that beautiful Liphistius? :drool:
I got a bunch of them in back in December and should be getting more in the next week or so. They were all sold out last time within a week. There are some interesting things coming in on this next shipment and the Liphistius are just a small part.

Botar

Jonathan

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Liphistiidae sp.

Hello,
They are Awesome! I recieved two different species. One has a little red coloring to him:

Here is the black-ish one:

Jon

Arachnophilist

Arachnoprince
Old Timer
:drool: :drool: :drool: :wall: :wall: :wall: why not in Canada!!!! oh well. gorgeous spiders! congratulations on getting those!

ChrisNCT

ChrisinTennessee
Old Timer
AWE!!! YOU GUYS ARE KILLING ME! I WANT TRAP DOORS SOOOO BAD!!!!!! :wall: :wall: :wall:

roo

Arachnopeon
Does anyone have any info regarding hydration for the African species? I just mist the enclosure once a day but take it easy around the nest so that it doesnt get overly wet in that area.

-roo

John Apple

Just a guy
Old Timer
The black ones are L malayensis and the brown ones are L murfilrium [spelling:? ] Desulter should be soon

KUJordan

Arachnobaron
Old Timer
Does anyone know whether it is possible to get any of the Cyclocosmia sp. of trap door spiders here in the US? I would love to have one so if anyone has any info on them please let me know. Thanks!

8+)

Arachnolord
Old Timer
These are listed as Idiopes sp.. They look like the first two, and come from Tanzania. He told me that the black ones came in smaller this time, so I asked him to send me four of the smallest with the hope that one would mature as male.

I used to have a red one and it was ornery! So, cool :cool:

They should come in this morning!!!:} So, feedback coming soon.

Rizzolo

Arachnoknight
Old Timer
Golden Trapdoor?

I love my red trapdoor! she makes a mess of the top of her cage with the poop shooting thing. i was wondering how far it would shoot if there was no top on the cage. i have never seen it, but i imagine she backs out of the hole and let it fly. anyone ever seen it?

i also got this other "golden trapdoor," that i need help with. it has never made a door that i can see. i seems to burry itself and Never, Never, Never come out. no door or entrance of any kind that i can see.

i have never been able to determine if it is eating. i keep food and water available, roaches, or crickets, or mealworms.

the pictures below show it after i finally excavated it, after i had it about 6 months. i was getting worried and i couldn't help myself. i looked fine, just like the day i got it.

worse than pet hole though - no hole! any help with this guy will be appreciated. i am thinking of passing it along to someone more knowledgeable. i am not confident that i am keeping it correctly.

JensWest

Arachnopeon
Hi!

How strong is a trapdoors venom in general? Can you compare it with some of the more venomous "birdeaters" (like Poecilotheria spp.) or is it far more dangerous? How does it affect you? Any one here who´s been bitten?

I´m thinkin about gettin an African one from Tanzania.

Happy for all answers.

Thanks/ Jens

Tescos

Banned
Old Timer
Hello,
They are Awesome! I recieved two different species. One has a little red coloring to him:
Jon
I wouldn't be quite so sure with this as juvenile L. malayanus (Which I wouldn't mind betting yours are) show this redish striping on the legs like the one in you pic shows.
Cheers
Chris

oh BTW L. malayanus adults and juvs can be brought in Europe at the moment.;)