Trantla enclosure

NYAN

Arachnoking
The species is Mexican purple beauty bird eater. I know it needs an exercise wheel so it doesn’t get fat. We are picking one up tomorrow. Any tips?

2F57C49F-1221-4DA9-8A14-3A0A98DE599D.jpeg

Vanisher

Arachnoking
Old Timer
I am not good with populair names. What speicies are we talking about?

NYAN

Arachnoking
I am not good with populair names. What speicies are we talking about?
The breed is a mix between a Brachypelma and a Xenesthis.

Like your enclosure,but you need more dead crickets.
I never quite thought about a self sustaining setup like that. I guess the phorid flies would make good feeders..

The best substrate for this species is a mix of mulch, gravel, and sand.
Ah gotcha. I do live near the beach. Do trantlas mind needles and plastic?

Looks spot on....now just get a few of your favorite species and add them to that perfect set up.
I think there may be enough room for a P. metallica communal also.

corydalis

Arachnosquire
I really hope you didn't forget to put a heat mat under the enclosure, otherwise its just a 9/10.

fried rice

Arachnoknight
The breed is a mix between a Brachypelma and a Xenesthis.

I never quite thought about a self sustaining setup like that. I guess the phorid flies would make good feeders..

Ah gotcha. I do live near the beach. Do trantlas mind needles and plastic?

I think there may be enough room for a P. metallica communal also.
They love needles and plastic! I recommend feeding them needles and plastic daily. It is a great source of potassium.

Brachyfan

Deactivated account
Jeez man! You had me scratching my head on that one! I found a purple bird eater from Ecuador and of course the mexican pink lol. Some weird hybrid? Lol
Good one!

Just noticed the inclosure and feel even more like a derp!

Last edited:

Arthroverts

Arachnoking
I was going, "Wait, he wouldn't spell 'tarantula' like that."

And then I realized.

This is one of the better enclosures I've seen. Just the right amount of distance so that if the trantla falls from the lid it can deploy its parachute and still look cool. Too many people give their spiders such short enclosures that they don't get the opportunity to spread their wings and get the exercise they need. And your adding the wheel? Advanced keeper here posing as a newbie folks, nobody knows that tip anymore.
Just a suggestion from a poor neophyte, but don't forget to make sure that you feed a lot of mice, rats if you have them, good source of calcium...

Thanks,

Arthroverts

Ghost56

Arachnobaron
You forgot the sharp rocks to line the perimeter with for a soft landing, and make sure you handle it at least a few times a day so it loves you. Oh and I hear they like guitars..